Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Prioritization for Running Production System

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a running production system.

There's no queue prioritization configured at the running prod system. If we want to configure queue prioritization for the running prod system, what would the best practice be?

Should we:

- De-register all of the queue? or even de-activate all of the CCs?

- Configure the Queue Prioritization out of business hour?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suwandi,

I would recommend preparing and testing the necessary recipients and filters in test systems first. If that works fine I'd apply them to production during business hours which are not peak hours. Reason is that they're in effect immediately, so you can be in the system and closely monitor if the prioritization works properly. You'll have to apply it to production at some time, anyway, so better it is in a weaker business hour where you can monitor it. I'd also prefer morning hours, since there is enough time then to correct mistakes in case anything goes wrong.

I would not de-register anything, since it only blocks messages across the system. You know that with a simple deactivation of the filter you can return the system to previous state, so there is no reason for big stopping and de-registering action.

I recommend you convince your business of that opinion before you apply the filters, just to make sure.

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

Configuring queue prioritization in production is good , when you need messages to be processed without any delay in PI (Ex : live transactions, sales orders created from PDA's etc ).

De-register all of the queue? or even de-activate all of the CCs?

AFAIK, No need of De-register/ de-activate queues (cross check your high priority queues are registered already).

Configure the Queue Prioritization out of business hour?

Actually in business hours only .We go for queue prioritization , when we need process message with high priority in business hours.

Please go through below link , which will help you to configure queue prioritization.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20bb9649-e86e-2910-7aa9-88ed4972a...

Hope it help's you.

Regards

Hari.

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos