Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing calender in ECC is also changes in SNP simulation version

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Intervals or calender are maintained at resource level regarding shutdown time and other times in ECC.

Business wanted to test capacity leveling in SNP simulation version with old changes, what were changes are done in ECC is impacting simulation version also.

Is there a way where we can stop moving the immediate Calendar changes in ECC to SNP simulation version?

It will be helpful if anyone can have answer.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If you are using 'External capacity' indicator in the resource, then the available capacity changes in ECC will be reflected to APO resource.

Please try with switching off the external capacity indicator for the simulation version.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Thanks for your response. Can we switch off specific to simulation version in SNP?

or Do we have any program to stop immediate changes to SNP simulation?

We are running CIF every day and even though we remove external capacity , changes will be moving to APO . How can we stop updating the changes  in SNP simulation version?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, it seems CIF only update version-in-dependent resource master, so I guess the version-dependent resource master should not be affected ... you can verify this in resource master. Maybe when you test SNP in simulation version, version-in-dependent resource is used insted of version-dependent resource?

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for the info. Where do we need to change this setting. I tried to make changes in CFC9 but i did not find where it says version-dependent .

It will be helpful if anyone have idea?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rajesh

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please test with the setting N - Change transfer for Planning Version Independent Resource and PV000. This will make sure, the other simulation versions are not affected.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Thanks for your response. I had test with all the options given and i see all options changes in calendar is impacting in SNP simulation.

Is there any other way?

It will be helpful if anyone have solution for it.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rajesh.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Is your simulation version is under the active model 000? If so, I think the resource will always be updated.

If possible, create a new simulation planning model and then under which create a simulation version.

This will work to keep away from the resource updates from ECC.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Is there any other way for stopping the changes in same model.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

1.Pls Stop the CIF While the Changes are Taking Place in ECC.

2.Take the Simulation Run.

3.Then Re-open the CIF.

Sunil