Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose how distribute the load of background jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with background jobs.

We have two servers and I create a server group to include them.

Then I schedule a background job that generates 60 background jobs.

The program i schedule, I believe that balance the background jobs between the "x" server. In fact we have 30 jobs for each server.

I would like to know if there's any possibility to distribute the load of back jobs not 50% for each server but for example 70% for server A and 30% for server B.

I view RFC groups but it's only for dialog jobs.

The only way is to modify the program or do you believe I could manage it in a different way?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Paolo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

Refer the link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3f/8deebc8d714bb6a7ba8c40997526f1/content.htm

Additional information

To load banalce your background jobs you need to use Tcode SM61 --> Job-Servergruppen --> create the group and assign your servers. The same group then you can assign to each batch jobs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

the link refers to BI process but my jobs are on ECC server.

I already seen this link but it's not for me.

I need a way to balance not 50% for each server but a method where I can decide how to balance the load of the backgroung process.

E.g.

Server A   70%

Server B    30%

Regards,

Paolo

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Job load balancing could not be customized.

The only way to distribute load as you expect would be to manually distribute load by targeting specific server when creating your jobs.

You could also reduce the number of batch job process on some server.

If you do not want to change the number of batch process you can use job class and dedicate some batch process to class A job on servers, but this would not be dynamic and evolve according the server load.

You could code your own scheduler in ABAP using the XBP interface and using the performance indicators used by SMLG for dialog process load balancing.

You could also look if external batch schedulers like SAP CPS, Control-M or Dollar U have such possibilities.

http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW70EHP1/helpdata/EN/71/f5582600ef43a295aab0a330ac91f0/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/5b/3fca6c3d61438492c15ca8676d5bd7/content.htm

770505 - Load balancing of background jobs does not work (3)

724204 - Load balancing of background jobs functions not (2)

700479 - Load balancing of background jobs does not work

The new procedure guarantees the following for immediate start jobs that do not have a target server:

- All jobs that are started from the same SAP program are distributed evenly on the application server.

- Jobs that are started from various SAP programs are probably distributed evenly.

In this case, "probably" means that different SAP programs probably sort the application server internally in a different way. Therefore, the SAP programs assign the background jobs to the application servers in a different sequence.

- Jobs that are started from the same SM36 session are distributed evenly.

- You must consider the following: External job schedulers normally make an individual call to the SAP system for each job start. This means that each job is started from a different process and, therefore, these jobs are not distributed in the same way.

Regards