Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query related to comiting a data in screen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Migrated from the Syclo Resource Center]

Neha Mahanty   02/08/2012 11:24,

Hi ,I have a question related to Screen Flow.Suppose I have a LIST SCREEN  A. in which I have a Button say GET. When I click on the GET Button I go to LIST SCREEN B in which I have a button Add(Transaciton) . When I add some data and finish the added data appears on the LIST SCREEN B.

Now suppose my requirement is when I navigate back from LIST SCREEN B to LIST SCREEN A .I want that the data which I added should be present in LIST SCREEN A also.

At present When I navigate back to LIST SCREEN A the data is not retained there.Please suggest what am I missing here.Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Jason Latko   02/08/2012 12:07

Neha,What collection(s) are list screen A and B

targetting?

How are you navigating back and forth?

To get back to List A from B, you should just use a navigate that "closes current screen".

Better question is, why would these two lists target the same collection?

You need to be more specific as to what you are trying to do.Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at Syclo

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm also facing the same issue.

1. I have an object screen A with 3 button(Main screen)

2. On Click of first button(GET) on Screen A, I will GET data in Screen B.

3.  I have button(back) on Screen B, after clicking that I'm back to Screen A.

4. If I again click the first button(GET) on Screen A, I'm navigated to Screen B, But all data are cleared,     I'm getting empty Screen

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong.

Regards,

Punith    

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new who started in Agentry and need the help.

Pertaining to the Problem below I rectified with the below modification, kindly suggest if any other approach would have been made it better.

Earlier:

I had a Screen Set A, within which I had placed two screen (Screen A, Screen B)

Screen A-Detail screen with 3 buttons(Get,Crate,Delete)

Screen B-List Screen which displays data

Soln:-

I created two Screen Set (A & B), within which I had placed one screen in each.

Screen Set A--> Screen -> Detail screen with 3 buttons(Get,Crate,Delete)

Screen Set B--> Screen -> List Screen which displays data

I had put a navigation action.

It worked.

Now, Can anyone guide me that create option is not working.

I have 3 Screen Sets(A,B,C)

A and B are Object Type

C is Transaction Type.

Screen Set A--> Screen -> Detail screen with 3 buttons(Get,Crate,Delete)

Screen Set B--> Screen -> List Screen which displays data

Screen Set C--> Screen-> Fields that user enter to crate data.

I have created a Transaction assigning step(This has create steplet java Class)

I created Action with following option

1. Transaction Action

2. Apply action

3. Navigation action to Screen Set B--> Screen->  List Screen which displays data

I assigned the above action to Screen Set A--> Screen-> Create Button.

Now when I Pressed create button, I am able to add new data into it and it is also navigating to Screen Set B, I'm able to see my data(local_1) in the list screen.

When I transmit the same is not updating in the backend

Can abyone suggest where I might be going wrong.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The first thing I would look at is the Transaction definition for the create.  Transactions capture user input that can be local only (not sent to the backend), backend only (not stored on the device in an object but only sent to the backend, or both (updates local objects and sends the data to the backend).  Local updates are controlled by mapping the transaction properties to object properties as you have already done.  Backend updates are controlled through the use of Update steps.  If your transaction does not have any update steps assigned then the captured data will not be sent to the backend for possible updates.

Since from your question the local updates are working the first place to check is do you have at least one update step assigned to the transaction?  If yes, then you will need to debug / troubleshoot what that step is doing to determine why the backend isn't updating as you expect.  If no, you will need to create the appropriate backend step and assign it to the transaction.

Hopefully this will help you get past this issue.

Good luck.

--Bill

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Punith,

You need to be a bit more specific as to your problem.  Is your java steplet not even running, or is your steplet running but the code is not updating the backend?  Turn on server logging for java backend, user and server to see if the steplet is running.  You will also see the transaction steplet being sent up in the transmit window when you sync your client.

If the steplet is not running, make sure you have added your steplet in the transaction's server update steps tab.  If the steplet is running, you will need to debug the java source in Eclipse.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Froelich/Jason,

I have had added the update step in the Transaction hence it is a prerequisite to update for the backend system.

I have specified the step name which in turn the step consists of Java Steplet Class.

Still I couldn't see anything updated in the backend.

Pertaining to this I had put a log in the Java steplet and requested for the Server Debug.

When I see the log My Java Update Stelplet is not triggered.

But Java Get steplet log is visible in the log.

It means, My Get functonality is working fine, But in Create Java steplet itself isn't triggered.

Kindly find the below for more information.

Create Field Button Action

Action Steps

Transaction Update Step

Java Steplet Class mapping

Thanks in advance.

Punith.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Punith,

Everything in your screen shots looks correct.  When you transmit after adding an employee, you should see "Sending AddEmployee Transaction" or something similar in the transmit window.  It is during this message that your steplet should be running.  Are you seeing this happen?

You should use the ATE (Agentry Test Environment) to see if your transaction is getting queued up by adding an employee and then inspecting transactions (from ATE menu at top) to see if one exists.  If the transaction is there to be inspected, then that means your steplet will run during transmit.

Turn on debugging for Java backend also and examine that log.  You don't see EMPCRTSTEPLET there?

What does your EMPCRTSTEPLET steplet do?  Can you post the code here?  Thanks,

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP