cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods issue with ref to outbound delivery using handling units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I want to issue material against an outbound delivery using the existing Handling units of the same material with out repacking

How to tag the existing handling units for an outbound delivery.

Can any help me in this regard as i am very new to handling units concept

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tana,

Have you tried to assign this HU in the delivery through VL02n? If yes, then do you get any error message while performing this, please advice.

Thanks & Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your reply,

The requirement is like this.

We procure trading goods,pack them with handling units and keep them  in store.

we deliver the trading goods using the above handling units.

The message which i got while assigning the existing handling units to the delivery line item in VL02N is

'Handling unit xxxxxx contains an item that cannot be assigned.This is an item with MAT1, Plant BBP1,

Storage Location SL3'.

How to fix this.

Thanks and Regards,

Tana Tandana

Katalin_Csengőd
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tana,

This error message is shown if the HU, that you want to assign to the delivery, contains items that do not match to the delivery items.

Please check the HU details in HUMO. The quantity of the material packed in the Handling Unit might differ from the delivery quantity. In that case you have to adjust the delivery quantity to the packed quantity.

For example you have in the Handling unit xxxxxx 12 pc of MAT1. But in the delivery, the delivery quantity of MAT1 is 10. Then you have to increase the delivery quantity of that item to 12, and you will be able to assign the HU xxxxxx to your delivery.

Kind regards,

Kati