cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see created Software Component in CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a software component in the SLD (NW 2004s SP2). Now i want to develop it. But when i try to add this software component to my track in the CMS, i can't find it. I suggested in an another forum post, i try to push the "refresh" button in the CMS but it doesn't help.

Thx 4 help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

"refresh" usually only updates the local table view. Look for a button labelled "Update CMS", "Update from SLD", "Synchonize Dependencies" or something like that (I don't remember the exact name).

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc

...its very strange. Now i have the same problem as before. I think i solved it, but i'm wrong.

There is a button labeled "synchronize dependencies", but no solution for my problem. I have create 2 software components in the SLD. One without any dependencies and one with 3 other software components dependencies. I made two tracks in the CMS and import them into my NWDS. Then i remember, that my defined dependencies are wrong. So i delete both tracks in the CMS. In the SLD i decide to delete one software component and edit the other one. I add my needed software components in the SLD to my custom software component. Now i create a tack again and want to add my custom software component, BUT there are shown both old software components in the table, where i can select/search my custom component. If i press the "synchronize dependencies"-button, nothing happened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Marc mentioned, Go to the Landscape Configurator / Domain Data tab, and click on the Update CMS button. This will transfer the required information from the SLD to the DI. If you've already defined your tracks and you change the SC dependencies in the SLD, you must resync those dependencies (after updating the CMS).

This is done by Landscape Configurator / Track Data / Synchronize Dependancies button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

my psychiatrist was informed...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We solved this problem in the SLD config. We deleted the CMS-server in the SLD and we recreated the same CMS-server (a new one with same properties). So our CMS shows the software components, which were missing before.