Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages received repeatedly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is a strange error I am facing.

We are able to send messages via SCOT. But it is observed that while sending the request to any user, all the mails assigned to that user which exist in the mail box be it for any day goes to that user. For Eg user is supposed to get one mail for 1st Sept, but if there are mails in his name for 30th August or any previous day do also gets triggered.

This is happening for just one job in particular.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

SAP connect job will try to trigger emails for all the entries listed under SOST and which are not in error or transferred.

As the issue is with one job, please get the program associated with the job checked.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Here in SOST all the mails of previous day are getting triggered. Even if it is been already "send" initially. The same program is running pretty well in DEV and QAS.

Only PRD is the issue.

Any suggestions.

Regards,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you upgrade your kernel recently?, Do you have the same kernels in all your systems?... When did the problem started?, I remember having a similar issue some time ago that resulted been kernel related.

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yups I see DEV and QAS at 201 but PRD at 300.

Kindly suggest.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I advice you to roll it back to 201 or apply latest kernel... Also you should have your kernels at the same level, if that was the case you would have spotted the issue in QAS

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that all the three systems should have all the three kernels at the same level, but here we see that the PRD is on the higher end.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Running a newer kernel in PRD then DEV or QAS? That sounds backwards to me. Surely you should be testing kernel upgrades in DEV and QAS first? If you'd done that you'd have found this problem before it affected production.

How did you end up in this situation? You might want to revise your kernel upgrade policy!

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is with just one program.

Rest all is working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But it is only happening in an environment running kernel patch level 300, while on a 201 kernel all is well. If you'd put 300 on DEV first, you'd have spotted this there, no? Or are you saying you wouldn't have thought to test this anyway? If so, then you need to work on your kernel upgrade testing procedures...

It seems like the problem is an interaction between one ABAP program and a change due to the kernel upgrade. I've had similar things happen to me in the past. If there is no particular reason why you are running kernel 300 in PRD then I would follow 's advice and go back to 201 in PRD. Then install 300 in DEV and work out the problem there before upgrading again.

Steve.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Eg user is supposed to get one mail for 1st Sept, but if there are mails in his name for 30th August or any previous day do also gets triggered.

Not sure if I understood your question, but wondering why was the mail for the 30th of August was still in the SOST queue or if it was reissued by your code?...

Also, if this is a custom program, you need to check the code with your abaper.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The status of the mail in the SOST queue is with successfully send status.

The program gets triggered everyday. So when ever the program is triggered all the mails are resend which stay in the queue with "status" as "send" also.

Ideallly this should not happen..... only the mails of that particular day should be triggered, but here we see its been send for the previous days as well.

Regards,

Ambarish.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I highly doubt it, check the program code with your abaper, SOST should only send mails with status waiting.

Regards, Juan