cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Agreement List Channel Toolbar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created templates for each master agreement type and I only want users to be able to create a master agreement from a template.  I do not want users to just be able to create a master agreement without using a template.

I have removed the "Create Master Agreement" option from the top level navigation under Contract Management > Agreements, leaving the "Create Master Agreement From Template".  In addition, I would like to reconfigure the New button in the Master Agreement List Channel to trigger the "Create Master Agreement From Template" option.  Alternatively, I could live with that button suppressing the list of master agreement types and only providing the "From a template:" option where the user would select a template with the object picker.

Does anyone have any ideas how to reconfigure the New button on the Master Agreement List Channel?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arlene,

I had a similar requirement with one of the customer that I worked with.

I am not sure if you will be able to accomplish the solution by only doing configuration. I think you should look into writing a custom script on the Master Agreement Create and throw an exception or error message to the user - that MA can only be created using templates and restrict the user from creating a MA using a Document Type versus using the MA template.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parankush,

Thanks for the script suggestion.  That worked!  However, I was wondering if you know of a way to use this script to actually trigger the command to create MA from template, i.e. to force the user to select a template.  Is this possible so that the user has fewer steps to perform?  This way it just rolls right into what they need to do rather than them clicking OK to the message and then selecting the "Create Master Agreement From Template" option.

Thanks,

Arlene

Answers (0)