cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Duplicate / matching Records using MDM validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please advice how to put a check on a Text field for an duplicate information using MDM Data validation option.

For Example -  finding duplicate LST No. from the Database. (Need validation at  User End at time of entry, so matching mode cannot be used)

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Validations cant help you achieve this as they are record centric.

You can have a button like "Check for duplicates" in Portal which would call MDM Matching Strategy and give results to requester or approver.

You can also make the LST no field as Unique in Console,so that no record with same LST can be created.

Alternatively,you can also leverage BODS to your advantage,please refer to below useful blog -

http://scn.sap.com/people/venkatesh.janakiraman/blog/2011/09/05/sap-mdm-integration-with-business-ob...

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member213204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

As far as i understand your issue if for example: Lst no is not a primanry key, then we cant avoid duplicates. In that we need to use other tools in DM to find the duplicates.

Kindly revert in case of any questions.

Regards,

Revanth

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

As per my understanding, your requirement can not be achieved via Validation as the Validations can be applied to a perticular field only.

If you wana have to check duplicity across all the objects means Maching Mode is the option, or else If you wana check duplicate before data flows into DM, BODS can help out.

Looking forward for your reply..kindly revert.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish

Thanks for the advice.

Can you help me with some steps on usage of BODS.

My requirement: I need to put this validation from EP (Portal only). Where End user updates the Data.

System should not allow any LST No. update if it exists with another customer in DM.

Regards

Prashant

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Helo Prashant,

As per my Understnading, it works like this.

BODS is a ETL tool where it connects to DM generates XML file with duplicate records.

Step 1

Extraction: Sending Customer records from SAP ECC system into BODS using native extractor. The Business object Data service-BODS will has intelligence to validate & de duplicate the records sent by SAP ECC source system.

Step 2

Once all required data are extracted the cleansing and de-duplication process starts in Business Objects Data Services where information is enriched and verified. This is an automatic process without any user interaction. The output of this process are written into several xml-Files

Step3

There are two XML-Files written

One for completely new records.

One for existing records within MDM which are determined as duplicates

Step 4

Both XML-Files have to be imported into MDM using different Import Maps using the MDIS.

Step 5

After the import of both files in MDM a manual Consolidation is performed utilizing the information Provided by Business Objects. Afterwards the MDM Syndication Server syndicates the now cleansed records back to the respective.

This is how you can use BODS in intgration with EP.

Regards,

Girish