cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax classification only for customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a Tax which is applicable only on Customer.
So I have configured this tax and I have maintained only tax classification for customer, I don't want a tax classification for material.

In the Access sequence of the related Condition type I have chosen:

- ALAND: Country

- TAXK3: Tax class for Customer (The third level)

But when I use the transaction VK11 to enter the record an error message appears:"Enter Currency".

But if I add a tax classification for material, the problem is solved.

is it necessary to configure the both tax classification for material and customer?

Thanks in advance;

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maher,

Sap will allow to do this, before suggesting you I have configured your requirement it is working well without any error.

condition tab page in sales order

Condition recrod display from Sales Order

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help but my requirement is to have a fixed amount (0,4 TND(Tunisian currency)). In your example, you have set the calculation type as "Percentage". If you change the calculation type, the message "Enter Currency" will be generated.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maher,

I suggest to go with SAP Standard settings & determine the tax based on both Customer & Material Tax Classification.

For material tax classification you can maintain a fixed value say 0 or 1 in all the material. Whether the Tax is applicable to a Customer or not, will be determined by Customer Tax Classification.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maher,

In your table add either Sales org or company code which is suitable as per your requirement then currency error will resolve.

Note:- Without material tax classification, and applied for customer then for that customer any trasaction you will do then  system use this condition type for all material. For that you have to write Requirement type to restrict same condition type other materials or follow the suggestion of Jignesh.

Regards

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you understand the basic concept of  how tax is being levied, you would not have created this thread.

Tax is levied only on goods whatever you purchase and having said this, you should maintain tax classification both for Customer and Material.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry G Lakshmipathi but we have a special tax in Tunisia called "Stamp Fees". This tax is only related to the customer for every invoice posted. (0,400 TND for every invoice depending on customer, the Ministry of Defense don't pay it for example)

It has nothing to do with the materials. All you said is true about taxation and you didn't have to explain this basic concept but thanks for that.

I'm only searching for a system issue to avoid the material classification.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you didn't have to explain this basic concept

The suggestion I gave was purely based on your original post and I am surprised you were expecting me to understand the context in which you asked based on your second post which is not possible.   Ensure when you need any assistance from this forum, your query is clear to all.  Imagination will lead only to wrong suggestions.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this clarification. I hope my suggestion is clear now

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It is Important to maintain at both levels.There is options like that Materials will falls under Nil Tax,Full Tax or Exemption.If you dont want to give tax on Materials then maintain 0-Nil Tax.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but I have already taken this solution into consideration (Null Tax) but my client didn't want this tax classification because it has no sense especially for this tax.