Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOA manager] change type of element in WSDL

maartenf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing a problem regarding a type in a generated WSDL from SOA manager. We have created a function module with a date and time as import parameter and a tabeltype as export parameter. From this function module an enterprise service was created and configured via SOA manager (Web Service Configuration - selected the service definition - open WSDL document for selected binding or service) . When generating the WSDL, the generated "time" type was defined as:

<xsd:simpleType name="time">
  <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
    <xsd:maxLength value="8" />
    <xsd:pattern value="\d\d:\d\d:\d\d" />

</xsd:restriction>

</xsd:simpleType>

Today the function module was changed (added some extra fields in the table type) and a new WSDL had to be created. But the system has been upgraded in the meantime and now the "time" type is generated differently.

<xsd:simpleType name="time">
  <xsd:restriction base="xsd:time">

<xsd:pattern value="[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}" />

</xsd:restriction>

</xsd:simpleType>

The problem is the non-SAP teams in our company have created various scripts which process these WSDL's, and they are unable to handle this change correctly. Is there a way to change the way these types are generated in the WSDL? (For instance change the xsd:time to xsd:string)

I've searched sdn and help.sap.com and found this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/517b1b034e72d2e10000000a42189c/content.htm

According to this link, the types can be changed but only when it is based on a structured type or table type. This is not the case because the input parameters are defined directly.

If you need additional information, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Schalager1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

Have you found any solution? I'm facing the same problem.

Regards,

André

maartenf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi André,

I reported this problem to SAP and this was the answer:

"The new types in the WSDL were introduced with note 1613474 (or corresponding SP). This enhanced the WSDL, xsd:time is a better way then the previous xsd:string with validation pattern.

It cannot be reverted to the previous state. We follow the ws-i 1.1 global standard, the new WSDL also compatible with these."

SAP now follows the s-I 1.1 global standard and that is a good thing of course! I temporarily fixed our problem by manually changing the WSDL. In that way our non-SAP teams have a bit more time to change their scripts.

Hope this helps!

Answers (0)