Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDF Help required to handle Latin Special characters like ^,~,`

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing Special characters encoding issue. I think we can solve this issue using UDF. Please provide your valauble inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Pavan,

PFB the java mapping code to change the encoding type:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46151

Please let us know if you still find issues.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing Special characters encoding issue. I think we can solve this issue using UDF. Please provide your valauble inputs.

The details provided are incomplete. Please refer to this document for the different ways of handling character sets in PI

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16138

Hope this helps,

Mark

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the qucik help. I have gone through your suggested blog. After studied that blog i cam to know that File Encoding option is missing in my PI file channel. I am using PI 7.3 Sp05(dual stack) . I am attaching the screen shots

1) File channel config in your suggested blog(doc.png)

2)My File channel conifg(Filechannel.png).

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

File Encoding option is only possible if you choose File Type to be text. If it is binary, the original encoding is maintained.

Regards,

Mark

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick response. I choose File type as Binary it means file will maintain it's orginal encoding.

i compared the actual Source File  with  SXMB_Moni  Paylaod  i can see that special characters misplacing at PI end .

Thanks,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Try giving the "File Encoding" as ISO-8859-1 in your sender file adapter. This setting would work only if the content is of text or csv format. If you want to change the encoding of an XML document, you ahve to use the standard adapter module XmlAnonymiserBean.

Apart from these, you can create a generic XSLT/Java mapping in ESR and can be re-used where ever required.

Thanks,
Swetha.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Thanks for the response.my sender file content is text only. i am using FCC conversion to convert the data into XML . If i change my file type to TEXT and choose File coding type as ISO-8859-1. will it solve my prblm?

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Ideally It should solve the issue. I had encountered similar issue, and fixed it doing the same.

Thanks,
Swetha.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Give this a try.

Lets hope for the best.

Regards

Anupam

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

I tried to change the File Type as TEXT and used file encoding as ISO-8859-1. Still same problem,

I know this probelm is because of ESR part. my actual requirement is just pss through scenario. but for the sake of dynamic filename UDF i created ESR with one filed at both sides and passing the file as payload

and used FCC at both comm channels

my source file name will be sf_out_xxxx.txt

and i need to rename the file as sf_out_xxxx.txt.pgp at receiver end.  need to add .pgp extension to the source file name.

is this possible with variable subsituition?

Thanks,

Pavan

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You can create a pass through scenario by using custom adapter module also and file can be renamed.

Please check this thread

http://scn.sap.com/message/14299077#14299077 .

Regards

Anupam

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Do you want to handle for any specific case or specific alphabet then definitely we can write an UDF.

If you have general encoding issue you can probably use Anupam's Suggestion mentioned above.

Please let us know if you still need a UDF.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Example: in the file

The correct first name is Benoit with  "^" over the A

In the file it appears as: ;Benoît

~ is coming instead of ^.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Did you check if proper file encoding scheme has been stated in the sender file adapter?

I think if a proper file encoding scheme is employed you can avoid the issue. Could you please try changing the encoding scheme to ISO-8859-1.  This might resolve the issue I hope.

Regards

Anupam

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for you response. I tried ISO-8859-1 encoding type receiver SFTP channel config, But no use.

Regards,

Pavan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pavan thiruveedula wrote:

Example: in the file

The correct first name is Benoit with  "^" over the A

In the file it appears as: ;Benoît

~ is coming instead of ^.

This is not an error. This is what you get, when you look at an UTF-8 file with simple editors like Notepad. The editor will interpret the encoding as ANSI, that is why it is displayed wrong.

Do not change anything!