cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Support Pack Queue using Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Gurus.

I have to apply abap support packs, and want to calculate the support packs queue can anyone pleas guide me step by step procedure to calculate the queue using solman and after that how to proceed further to apply support packs.

Gurus please help. Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

1. Make sure your abap system is already added to solution manager SLD

2. Add the system in SMSY or LMDB as per your solman release and make sure you have created all the products, products versions correctly and RFC connection between your solman and abap system and assign it to a solution.

3. Goto MOPZ, create a new maintenance, select your solution name, it will bring all the systems added to that particular solution.

4. select your system (there are five phases Plan Maintenance, select files, download files, implement and end maintenance

5. select files - calculate automatically or manual selection

6. update options - maintenance or upgrade

7. select os/db dependent files

8. add the files to download basket

9. download files using download manager

10. apply using SPAM or SUM

regards

kartik

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't recall the exact Stack version of SolMan, but for step 3 I can confirm running SP08 that selecting a solution is not a requirement any longer; which provides you all systems being managed by SolMan.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe this will be most helpful for you, with the information you provided its hard to know how much work you have put into solman_setup...

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41761

Note that this guide references smsy, depending on if you are SolMan 7.1 SP05 or greater, smsy will only be available in a read only state, and you will need to use the LMDB to maintain the system data.