Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Chart

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to develop a custom chart with bar and line as shown in below image. (Actual values in Bar and Goal values in line).

In bar I should set color dynamically based on condition if Actual>=Goal set green else red to bar.

Also please help on how to set the thickness of line here and circle.

Can anyone help me on this chart.

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Padma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rutika_bodas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

It is possible to do in condition based colouring in MII Custom Charts

You need to add conditions at which you want the color of your Bars to change.

I set 3 conditions on my Pen.1 (which is represented by Bars) to show Green colour when my value of Pen.1 matches 20.00 and 30.00. But these are static hard coded numeric values for colour changing.

What I could not do (so far) is dynamic condition setting by comparing values from Pen.2 (i.e. 'profit')

Here is what I got:

Am not sure yet on how to set an expression based on Pen.1 so that the Pen.2 colours will change.

Thanks,

Rutika

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruthika,

Thanks for the reply.

But I want to check the condition dynamically because the values will change.

I want to check pen1 values with pen2 and set color for bar.

Is there is anyway to achieve this?

Regards,

Padma

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another option could be using 2 bars (stacked) to go with the marker line.  Use your conditional logic in the query or transaction to put 0 to 'hide' the green bar, and put the value for the 'red' bar.  Basically reveal the appropriately colored bar by putting the value in the proper display column.  The pen colors for the bar can then also be fixed.  The only shortcoming would be displaying the legend would obviously show 3 items, but depending upon your chart title and x/y axis labels it may not even be necessary to show the legend.

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for providing an alternate way.

Regards,

Padma