cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating custom field in Sales Order line item table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to add a custom field to the sales order line item table control.  In the past I have added custom fields to the additional data tabs, but for this particular requirement this is not an option.

The steps I have taken so fat are as follows;

1.     I have created an append structure for vbap

2.     I have modified the sales order table control (Screen 4900) to include my new field

My custom field will need to display information from the material master. The issue is that I am unable to find a userexit that can be used to populate my field.

Is there a userexit that can be used to populate my field in the table control?

Thanks,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I actually found the solution to this and it's surprisingly simple. I was able to populate the table control using USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP .

Thank you all for your input.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Simon,

It's good that you've got the right track to achieve this and also thanks for sharing the soln. Good Day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Could you please share details about this.

Thanks for advance.

Regards,

Ranga

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Renga

Here are the steps I followed to add a custom field (In my case Size/Dimension from the material master) to the sales order line item table control.

1. Create an append structure for vbap in se11.  In my case my append structure was one field ZZGROES.

2. Modify the table control to include this field. The table control can be found in screen 4900 of program SAPMV45A.  Note that you will have to register an object through the SAP support portal in order to make any modifications.  For more details on how to modify the table control please see this thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3199196

3.  Once the field is added you will have to populate it. I used user exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP within include MV45AFZZ of program SAPMV45A.  In the user exit I simply selected my data into the field vbap-zzgroes.

I hope you will find this information useful.

Thanks,

Simon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Please, see SAP Note 862228 - Order reason for returns on item level. It's a modification, not an enhancement, so, be careful.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Simon,

Can you please try your luck with this EXIT_SAPLMDZU_003. Thanks, do hit back with your findings.