cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel VBA SAP logon pad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have successfully written VBA code to emulate user interaction with SAP on one "system".  However when i want to switch over to another SAP system i have been unsuccessful.  I may be using the wrong terminology referring to the systems, for example, on the SAP logon pad 710 i have a list of 56 system's i can log in to.  I only use two of those systems, one is called SAP ECC production [BH1] and the other is called SAP SCM 5.0 Production [BA1].  in the middle of my code i would like to switch over to the second system (SAP SCM 5.0) but i have not been able to do it.  Any help would be tremendous!  Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member213011
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Basically, you need to change the sap connection to the other system using either OpenConnection or OpenConnectionByConnectionString method on the GuiApplication object.

Can you share the codes that you have and indicate at which point do you want to change?

Thanks,

Sayuti

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, i guess my question should be:  How can i identify all the open SAP sessions through VBA?

former_member213011
Participant
0 Kudos

You need to identify the open connections, and the sessions for each connection.

Here's a quick VBA script which loops through all connections, then loops through all sessions for that connection and list down the server name, the session number on that connection and the current running transaction.

Sub listSAPSessions()

Dim sap As Object

Dim sapGui As Object

Dim sapCon As Object

Dim sapSession As Object

Dim i As Integer

Dim j As Integer

ActiveSheet.Range("A2").Select

Set sap = GetObject("sapgui")

Set sapGui = sap.getscriptingEngine

'loop through open connection

For i = 0 To sapGui.Connections.Count - 1

Set sapCon = sapGui.Children(CLng(i))

'loop through sessions on the connection

For j = 0 To sapCon.Sessions.Count - 1

Set sapSession = sapCon.Children(CLng(j))

'list down the info

With sapSession.info

ActiveCell = .systemname

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) = .sessionnumber

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2) = .transaction

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

End With

Next j

Next i

Set sapSession = Nothing

Set sapCon = Nothing

Set sapGui = Nothing

Set sap = Nothing

End Sub

Assuming the object sapCon is not declared and set, if you connect to Server1 first, the connection will become sapGui.Children(0) and the 1st session on that connection will become sapGui.Children(0).Children(0), 2nd session becomes sapGui.Children(0).Children(1) and so on.. Connection to Server2 will become sapGui.Children(1) and the 1st session will become sapGui.Children(1).Children(0), second session becomes sapGui.Children(1).Children(1) and so on...

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes that helps!  thank you. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i ask a really basic question:

in the following code i sometimes get an error that reads, "unable to find control by id" on this line

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUB0:SAPLMEGUI:0003/ctxtMEPO_SELECT-EBELN").Text = PoNum

I am theorizing that the id is being called out in between the paranthesis however i dont really understand what anything in between the paranthesis is, would you be able to take a few moments to explain what that is?     

Sub change_po_date()

Dim App, Connection, session As Object

Set SapGuiAuto = GetObject("SAPGUI")

Set App = SapGuiAuto.getscriptingEngine

Set Connection = App.Children(0)

Set session = Connection.Children(0)

Dim PoNum As Variant

Dim PoDate As Date

'session.findById("wnd[0]").resizeWorkingPane 133, 43, False

session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[0]/okcd").Text = "me22n"

session.findById("wnd[0]").sendVKey 0

For i = 2 To 131

PoNum = Cells(i, 1).Value

PoDate = Cells(i, 6).Value

If Cells(i, 1).Value <> Cells(i, 1).Offset(-1, 0).Value Then

label1:

On Error GoTo ErrorHandler1

session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[17]").press

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUB0:SAPLMEGUI:0003/ctxtMEPO_SELECT-EBELN").Text = PoNum

session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/subSUB0:SAPLMEGUI:0003/ctxtMEPO_SELECT-EBELN").caretPosition = 10

session.findById("wnd[1]").sendVKey 0

session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/subSUB0:SAPLMEGUI:0010/subSUB2:SAPLMEVIEWS:1100/subSUB2:SAPLMEVIEWS:1200/subSUB1:SAPLMEGUI:1211/tblSAPLMEGUITC_1211/ctxtMEPO1211-EEIND[9,0]").Text = PoDate

session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/subSUB0:SAPLMEGUI:0010/subSUB3:SAPLMEVIEWS:1100/subSUB2:SAPLMEVIEWS:1200/subSUB1:SAPLMEGUI:1301/subSUB2:SAPLMEGUI:1303/tabsITEM_DETAIL/tabpTABIDT5/ssubTABSTRIPCONTROL1SUB:SAPLMEGUI:1320/tblSAPLMEGUITC_1320/ctxtMEPO1320-SLFDT[5,0]").Text = PoDate

session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[0]/btn[11]").press

former_member213011
Participant
0 Kudos

The id is basically the 'address' of that particular control on SAP GUI much like a URL address. The "/" is the structure indicator.

In your case: "wnd[1]/usr/subSUB0:SAPLMEGUI:0003/ctxtMEPO_SELECT-EBELN":

"wnd(1)" indicates that this is a popup or a sub-window to the main session screen (which is "wnd(0)")

"usr" is usually the user input container on that window.

"subSUB0:SAPLMEGUI:0003" is probably the frame or tab in which the controls reside.

"ctxtMEPO_SELECT-EBELN" is the textbox where you input your PO number or some other text..

I would recommend that you try the Scripting Tracker Lite by herehttp://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32728 to understand the id structure. Go through the SAP Scripting API help file to learn more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, your help is very valuable!

former_member213011
Participant
0 Kudos

BTW, you probably get the error if the particular popup window did not come up 'on time' for the script after the button is pressed, or the popup did not come up for some other reason.

You can wait by putting a do while loop like this

Do while session.Children.Count = 1

'do nothing

Loop

or set a condition to only execute the PO entry if the popup window exist

If session.Children.count > 1 then

'your codes here

end if

Both ways above are a bit crude and risky so be wary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, is there a way to identify the control id in a field

there is a field that could either contain

session.findbyid("/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/usr/tblSAPDV70ATC_NAST3/lblDV70A-STATUSICON

or

session.findbyid("/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/usr/tblSAPDV70ATC_NAST3/txtDV70A-STATUSICON

and depending on which it is i need SAP to respond accordingly.  How can i identify that?  Thank you!

former_member213011
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jason,

To get the control id you just need to call the ID property e.g session.findbyid("wnd[0]/etc...").ID and it will return the text in the bracket.

Kind of weird when I think about it, how do you get into the control in the first place?

Thanks,

MSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

so something like

if session.findbyid("/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/usr/tblSAPDV70ATC_NAST3").id = "lblDV70A-STATUSICON" then do something...

former_member213011
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually it will return the ID, i.e. "/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/usr/tblSAPDV70ATC_NAST3".

Looking at your example, I'm assuming you want to check for the content of this GuiTable, which one way is to look for it's Children, e.g

session.findbyid("/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/usr/tblSAPDV70ATC_NAST3").Children(0).ID = "/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/usr/tblSAPDV70ATC_NAST3/lblDV70A-STATUSICON"

However, I'm not sure whether the field is the 1st Children of that GuiTable so it will probably not work.

Another dirty way you can try:

Dim test as object

on error resume next

set test = session.findbyid("/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/usr/tblSAPDV70ATC_NAST3/lblDV70A-STATUSICON")

if not test is nothing then do something...

Former Member
0 Kudos

That ALMOST worked!!

i am doing this to step through each row in the table

for r = 0 to 15

if session.findbyid("/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/usr/tblSAPDV70ATC_NAST3").Children(r).ID = something then do something

else

end if

next r

it doesnt like the Children(r)

i get a " bad index type for collection access" error...

how else can i step through each row?

former_member213011
Participant
0 Kudos

Try Children(CLng(r)) and see whether it fixes the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually here is how i solved it:

For r = 0 To 15

If session.findbyid("/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/usr/tblSAPDV70ATC_NAST3/txtNAST-DATVR[8," & r & "]").Text = "" Then

If session.findbyid("/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/usr/tblSAPDV70ATC_NAST3/txtNAST-UHRVR[9," & r & "]").Text <> "" Then

session.findbyid("wnd[0]/usr/tblSAPDV70ATC_NAST3").getAbsoluteRow(r).Selected = True

Else

End If

Else

End If

Next r

Answers (0)