cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production of different products with its own order and PDS but with the same mold

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

An injection process produces with the same resource, same mold and same time two different products “A” and “B”, each product has its own PDS and order, the mold can produces 2 different products at the same time

Now APO PPDS proposes me to produce first the product "A" and when this finishes start producing "B", but both use the same mold

How can I set the system in order to propose to make 2 different products at the same time?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

The answer is very clear, complete and helpful

Regards,

Arnulfo Cordero Pradel

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Arnulfo,

If it answers to your query, Please mark the thread as answered, So that other users can take the benefit of SCN threads...

Regards

Debashis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Anulfo,

You can try one of the option as per your requirement.

1. If you want system to create two receipts (planned orders)  at the same  time for both Product (A & B), and it is irrespective of whether there is an requirement for B or not.

If it is the case so, then maintain Product B, as a co product of A, and in the BOM of Product A you have to assign product B as an component and of  negative quantity.

So what will happen, when there is a requirement for product A, system will create a planned order for A as well as it'll  propose a receipt( mentioned negative quantity of BOM of A ) for product B as well.

2. Or else If it is not the case of co product, i.e. if you want to system create receipts for both SKU at the same time, only if there is an requirement for both product.

If it is the case so, the system will create order if there is an requirement for product B, or else it'll not create any order. And to have both products at same time, create a dummy Mold, which can assign to same resource, but only to SKU B( routing of B). for  product A assign the original mold.

Note. in second case it may not always order will create at same time, It totally depends on the requirement date of Products.

Regards

Debashis