cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of s-user password in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've changed the s-user password and I've also done this in call DSWP Global Settings, change my s-user password there and test the SAPOSS connection it was OK.

But because I've deleted the RFC connections SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01, when I changed the password in Global settings and clicked on Continue (enter) I assumed that the RFC connections will be regenereded. But nothing happened.

Can you please advice how to create this RFC connections SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01 becuase I need to uprove some patches to be downloaded throught Maintenance optimizer?

Thank you in advance.

BR,

Ruzica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to point 4 of SAP note 982045 for regenerating RFC destination SAP-OSS.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

I did everything with this note point 4 as i already wrote above, but there is now place where to click SAVE. I just use CHECK (Continue or Enter) and this doesn't generate the RFC connections.

I don't know how to save the changes.

When I click Test the connection I have SAP Service System reached 03.09.2013 at 16:07:58.

How to save the changes and the RFC connections to be generated again?

Thank you in advance.

BR,
Ruzica

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please re-execute step 2.1 in solman_setup again. It will try to create SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-001 again.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

I'm on SolMan 7.0 Sup Package 16 and I need to do the upgrade  to EHP1.

That's why I don't have solaman_setup transaction.

Anything else what I can do to regenerate SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-001 again.

Thank you in advance.

BR,

Ruzica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For the lower release of solution manager i think you have already done the below steps. Please retry them again.

4. Regeneration of destination SAP-OSS
    • Use transaction SM59 to delete destination SAP-OSS. If you cannot delete the destination, it is not completely regenerated based on SAPOSS; instead, only the user and the password are reset.
    • Up to release 7.0 Support Package 11: Use transaction DSWP -> choose "Edit -> Global settings". Choose the tab "Connection to SAP".
    • As of release 7.0 Support Package 12: Go to the solution overview of transaction DSWP. Choose the menu point "Settings -> Global settings". Choose the tab "Connection to SAP".

As you have ready done that before try to change it to different S id and click ok.

Note 982045 - Error calling the SAP back-end system

Hope you are at SP11.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After modifying settings in DSWP- Global Settings. Have you chosen connection to SAP and re-entered password for s-user or you are even not getting this option ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

Thank you!

I tried as you proposed: "As you have ready done that before try to change it to different S id and click ok." I tried with different user and the RFC connections were generated. Then I changed and now it's OK.

Many thaks to all.

BR,
Ruzica

Answers (0)