cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW73 - J2ee application properties file editing at runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I  edit j2ee application properties file in NW7.3? I am in QA and Pre-Prod environments, I donot want to change my code and redeploy for certain properties. I want to edit these files directly in QA and Pre-prod .. any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun, Samir

Thank you both..

What I found here is , we can not change the .properties files or resouce files all of them in your application.

You can only change the file which is in META-INF folder called "sap.application.global.properties"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~XXXXX~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In 7.3, I have used below link and but I am getting property as Null. any idea?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/c88109a0df570de10000000a114a6b/content.htm?framese...

appProps.getProperty() - returning null.

I went and saw the property file accessible from NWA but why it is returning null by the code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

Sample code:

try{

String CEServerURL = null;

// Obtain the JNDI context

InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();

// access the Application-Configuration-Façade service

ApplicationPropertiesAccess appCfgProps =   (ApplicationPropertiesAccess)ctx.lookup("ApplicationConfiguration");

java.util.Properties appProps = appCfgProps.getApplicationProperties();

if (appProps==null) {                                    

} else {

// extract properties  of variable

CEServerURL =   appProps.getProperty("wdconfig.ceurl");                                  

}

}catch(NamingException exception)

{

throw exception;

}

1.Go to http://host:port/nwa --> Configuration --> Infrastructure  Java System Properties tab.

2.Select Templates as “ ZATPL_AIO”  click “Applications” Tab

3.Enter type as your DC name in applications and select your application

4.Application properties value for “Custom caluculated Value” show as empty .

5. Click “modify” button in properties tab and enter custom value in “Enter custom Value” pop up screen

6. Click set and Save the properties using “Save” tab

PFA screenshot for reference for variable declaration in NWDS.

Thanks,

Arpitha

esameer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas, As I understand I guess you are trying to change some text in your application using the internationalization files available in the SAP J2EE project. I had a hard time sometime back while working in a SAP Biller Direct customization.

Changing files in the war file of the application worked for me like charm. try and let me know if it helps....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts/Basis/Developers

Any one tell me , how to edit my application (web/j2ee) properties directly from netweaver administrator?

I am able to see my app and could not find the properties files or resource bundles.

NWA -> configuration tab -> infrastructure tab->Java System Properties:Overview-> Application tab -> search for the app

help me , whether we can find and edit my application's properties files/resource bundles online with NWA or not? if yes, how can I do that?

junwu
Active Contributor
junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, quite possible and standard.

google env-entry, standard jee way

or sap way

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/c346b53d142055e10000000a421937/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun

I did not get you.. so we can not change the properties files from NWA ?

We have to move the code?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can, there are two ways like i said before

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun

To modify my j2ee application properties in Q and P, I need to use Config Tool or NWA?

May I  know that steps?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nwa

Haven't u change any sap Hee properties ? Follow that , somewhere it will tell u