Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom up rescheduling of SNP planned orders

0 Kudos

Dear all

I have the following example:

I have a demand. 

A SNP PDS with finished product A, component B and raw material C. . The leadtime to produce product A is only 2 days. However the leadtime of raw material C takes longer. Will the SNP heuristics push out the planned order for product A for 2 months, or will it not take into account the lead time of raw material C?

Is there any kind of bottom up functionality availalbe in SNP, can CTM do this? See also attached picture how the rescheduling should take place in SNP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Use PPDS

Sunil

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, I don't think there's such functionality in SNP, because SNP is a bucket based planning without pegging instead of order based planning, which means when planning the components after main product is planned, it will not known for which order the components are planned. that is to say, if you have serval main products, and the demand for the components of these main products are in the same bucket by chance, system will plan them together to generate one order to supply all the demands from different main products.

in this case, you'll need to set SNP production horizon for the main product (like 2 months) so that you can have enough time to plan the components.