Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass sales order from one company to another

narkishore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP SD. Now I am given with a scenario similar the one below.

There are two companies A and B. When the customer places a order with Company A. The order is passed on Company B along with the delivery address. Company B is a manufacturing company. It Receives the order from Company A along with delivery address of the customer process it and delivers it to the Customer directly and Invoices the Company A. Company A then will invoice the Customer after the delivery of the product.

There are many doubts in my mind with regards to this.

1. How do I transfer the order and the address details from one company to other ?

2. Logically speaking Company A does not require any plant or storage location. but how do I confirmt the availablity of the product to the customer and the promise to delivery stuff without plant and stock ?

3. Is this case has to do anything with Contracts and if so how do I do it?

4. First of all how do I configure both the companies in SAP system ?

Please Guide me.

Narendran Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a standard Inter company Sales Scenario.

Company code A orders goods through its sales organization A from Plant B belonging to Company code B.It is imperative that both Plants A & B should have the material. In other words, the material is created for both the Plants A & B + their respective storage locations.

Create SO with Company Code A,

Keep the delivering plant of company code B in the line item.

Plant of Company Code A will raise an invoice on the customer, whereas settlement between two companies will be through inter company billing.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can analyse INTERCOMPANY scenario

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Intercompany+Business+Process

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Narendra,

This is a part of very standard scenario in SAP SD.

Kindly search in SCN about Inter Company Billing process it will clear your doubts.

Regards

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the Third-Party processing in order to map your requirement.

Regards

narkishore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Can U tell me the difference between Third Party Sales and Inter Company Billing