cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE14 - new storage paramters/partitions - how to activate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

on table partitioning was done using SE14 SAP note 742243. Now jobs fails with ORA-14400: inserted partition key does not map to any partition.

I checked SE14 and inserted new partition values in "new creation" section and also did an activate and adjust of the table.

However, the jobs still fail and I also do not see the "new" partitions when viewing current status storage parameter.

So I assume the new partitions are not active.

How do I get them active? How do I trigger/force a table conversion (as I understand the new creation parameters are only used when table is newly created)?

Thanks for all help in advance,

Axel

PS: The table has content which should be preserved

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

After add, remove or change a partition you should convert the table (Force Conversion option). Bear in mind that it can takes time if the table is big and several log will be generated.

Try and let us know.

Cheers.

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose, thanks .... I found the option for force conversion. Sometimes a second look leads to the desired result

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice to hear it

If it finally solves your issue, please mark the asnwer as Correct in order to help another users to find the solution for the same process.

In addition, I'm trying to document my experiences with table partition in a blog, this is the link.

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/josesalguero/2013/04/08/first-test--table-bsid-by-fiscal-year-gjahr

I will add another experience soon.

Good luck.

Cheers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Am Naren,hope you are doing good.

Am doing field partition for existing table in R3 server.

note:

1)The field contains fiscal year

2)datatype is varchar2(4)

could you please provide the commands to get partition of that particular field.

Thanks in advance

Naren

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

After table partion by using se14 are you done the execution part ion operation process type have to select radio button background then you select active and adjust database .their you need to check the schedule process of background job if i am not wrong this is problem in scheduling process..

By your set by operation mode are immediately .