Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Proxies

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are working on an interface(File to ECC(Server Proxy).

we have a requirement where in we need to delay the processing of messages at the ECC side..PI will pick the files at realtime and send to ECC..but in ECC we need to hold/schedule the messages for few hours and then Process it. how can we achieve this?

we dont want to change anything at the PI side...it will be real time...we just need to delay at the ECC processing.

please share your valuable suggestion.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have had a scenario in the past where I have done a FILE -> Proxy scenario and processed the files in a job.  What I did was save the message data into a clustered table and then open a job using the FM 'JOB_OPEN' (which you can also set a start date & time) along with a SUBMIT and call to the FM 'JOB_CLOSE'.  You could do something similar but set up the job scheduling so there is a delay.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks inaki.

But my client is not ready to make any changes at the PI side..any other possibility from ECC(proxy) side.

please advise

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do try a staging table. This resides completely on the back end side. No change(s) necessary on PI.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

The best solution is the Dimitri's solution about the abap tables. Also, you could do two scenarios FILE -FILE and FILE -PROXY. In the first you take the file from the source and you put it in a PI filesystem or accesible via NFS with your normal poll. The second scenario will read from the PI source and will send to the proxy, this second scenario could have a greater poll or a determinated period, or you can put it in inactive status and you will wake up it whenever you want to.

Regards.

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Damitri,

Thanks for your reply.. is there any otherway we can put the messages on HOLD in SXMB_MONI in a scheduled state for sometime and process it later..is it possible?

thanks

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not that I can immediately think off, unless you try to use BPM, but that 's a bit over the top in this context.

Try to see if a staging table on the back end system fits yours requirements.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can store data is a table (staging table as you want) and read that table with a delay. E.g a job scheduled each hour with an ABAP program attached to start processing the data.

Kind regards,

Dimitri