cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording and reporting on transaction usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

I have a requirement to activate recording of transaction usage. I have searched on these forums and lists and not found anything really definitive.

What I need is to be able to report on all transaction usage and ideally retain data for a one year rolling period. I am looking in ST03N and cant work out from there what the procedure should be.

Thanks and regards

Ray

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way to do that is to enable Security Audit Log SM20, security audit logs are stored outside the DB so you can keep data for a long time. Then you can simple pour the data into an excel sheet, filter it and determined the Usage.

ST03N and STAD by default only keep data for a few days.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. Yes, I think that the sm19/20 option will be better and easier to manage. I just need to do some research to familiarize myself with the facility.

Regards

Ray

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, we have tried activating the Transaction Usage in ERM and end up getting an error:

Transaction usage operation failed; input data length not a multiple of blocksize

Not too much information on that I can find.

Regards

Ray

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For error "Transaction usage operation failed; input data length not a multiple of blocksize". It looks like after upgrading your GRC system you have not uploaded xml files again. Please upload file RE_init_clean_insert_data.xml  with clean and insert option in Configuration =>Initial System Data. Please make sure that you upload this file related SP of your GRC system.

Thanks

Sunny

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see lots of threads about that, specially if you are using GRC 5.3

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that there are two options discussed above. The st03n option would involve altering the granularity of data stored if I understand correctly. An dif I understand correctly as well, the sm19/20 option could be pretty resource intensive considering that we are looking at a rolling total for 12 months. But I am sure that I have seen somewhere that there is some purpose built GRC 5.3 and 10 funcionality which performs this for child systems. Is anyone aware of this?

Regards

Ray

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the sm19/20 option could be pretty resource intensive considering that we are looking at a rolling total for 12 months

This is the "old school" way, its not really resource intensive as the files are stored at OS level and in plaint text so they are not huge..

But I am sure that I have seen somewhere that there is some purpose built GRC 5.3 and 10 funcionality which performs this for child systems. Is anyone aware of this?

There is a Transaction Usage Report on Enterprise Role Management(ERM) in GRC but I have not used it before.

Regards, Juan

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also look to Solution Manager and Solution Documentation Assistant, that will also pull up how often a t-code is called and provide a though report on everything it finds.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

You can activate the security audit for using SM19 which keeps tracking your transaction usage along with some other traces as well.

Later use SM20 to pull out the transaction usage alone by using respective filter.

You can delete the old logs using SM18 also.

regards

kartik

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can get it from ST03N.

Thanks

Sunny