cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MRP calculation based on delivery date or confirmation date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Before I did the test today , I thought MRP running (MD04 Result) is calculated based on confirmation date of the sales order, now I did a test which is asked by business, and I found nothing happened in MD04 after I ran MD02 if I changed confirmation date of items of sales order, and if I changed deivery date of items of sales order, then I run MD02 again, it changed in MD04 also, so my question is that is MRP calculation based on delivery date or confirmation date of items of sales order?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

oiver_beie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

This question cannot be answered without knowing how ATP and scheduling is setup in your system.

First thing I would lokk at is the point if the SO item qty and scheduling is fixed or not. If it is fixed the MD04 shows the material availability date which is based on the confirmed delivery date. How different those are depends on your scheduling setup (pick time, load time, shift time setup for your shipping points etc.).

If the SO item is not fixed then MD04 shows the material availability date according to the requested delivery date from the customer.

It might be that the custmer requested the delivery date 01/11/13 but due to the ATP result you confirmed the 15/11/13 (later). Let's say you have a setup of 1 day pick and pack then MD04 would show the 31/10/13 if the SO item is not fixed. If it is fixed SAP would show the 14/11/13 (negelecting any weekends or bank holidays). Both dates are also MRP relevant.

Why is this? It the SO item is not fixed you tell the system to show the requested delivery date to MRP because you still try to fullfil the customer's request allthough you could not confirm it during order creation. If the MRP and ATP situation changes you can perform a SO rescheduling so that you get closer or even reach the requested delivery date.

If it is fixed than you tell the system that this SO item may not be changed by any rescheduling run (V_V2).

Best regards,

Oliver

Message was edited by: Oliver Beie I mixed up the fixe/non fixed logic, now it's corrected, sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , it is not fixed , I will look at the note above first and revert back soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what you are saying,if I checked fixed quantity, then MRP will run based on confirm date, if not, then MRP will ran based on delivery date of schedule line?

oiver_beie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

Yes. If it is not fixed it runs against the material avaiaibility date based on the requested delievry date. This date is lower or equal to the requested delivery date depending on or scheduling setup.

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does SAP have relevant note about that?

oiver_beie
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know if there is a note about this, it's just standard and customizable functionality.

Here is the documentation for the 'fixed' flag in the SO item schedule lines.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

As per my knowledge when we do any manual changes its violates the standard behavior of the system. MRP is generally calculated based on the confirmation date of the sales order.

Regards

AG.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe question 1 in SAP Note 547118 - FAQ: Result of ATP calculation answers your question

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just went through the Q and A about that note, I still can't find answers of my question in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is based on the delivery date as you know the scheduling in sales order happen based on the Delivery Date only. Confirmed date is the date which is more from a sales perspective whoch includes not only the material availalability date but also other time required for the Logistics (Loding,Transportation etc) to happen.

Regards