SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment Item F0000// does not exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

While posting a GL transaction, system prompts the error message 'Commitment Item F00000// does not exist'. On the document entry screen,the system populate the right commitment item that was maintained in the GL master data but the posting come up with the error message with an unknown commitment item.

I ran a trace on the FMDERIVE to see where the 'unknown' commitment item is coming from but could not find it, the trace only  derive the Commitment item maintained in the GL masterdata which is the right one.

Please how can I determine where/what is bringing this unknown commitment item?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The issue has been resolved. On the project, we adopted the approach of transporting Commitment Item instead of creating it in each client. However, the table FMPOSIT was not updated with the internal number "the F00000***  commitment item" for the commitment item. After updating the table with the details, the system was able to reference the internal number and the error message no longer comes up. Thanks to you Eli and Shyam.

Kind regards

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The 'unknown' commitment item is the internal number for the commitment item. I need to know why the system is checking that.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the code of the message, F6039? During what operation do you receive it? Is it simple G/L posting? If yes, do you receive it for every operation or just for a specific one?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

The code of the message is  FI603. I receive the message on all postings to all Expense GL account, i.e. GL posting, Vendor invoice posting etc.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, check that the commitment item defined in the G/L master data is at all valid, i.e. you can view it via FMCIA transaciton, for example.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

The Commitment item defined in the GL master data is valid and can be displayed with FMCIA. At the point of posting, system is able to derive it into the required field. But when I am about to save, the error message comes up with the internal number for the Commitment item. The commitment that the system prompts with the error is the ITEM(field name POSIT in table FMCI). I really don't know why the system is making reference to that.

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Strange... What SAP release you are working with?

0 Kudos

EA-PS 606

0 Kudos

606? Might be a bug due to a 'fresh' release. I'd raise OSS message for this. Please, give the feedback in this thread, once you here from SAP support.

0 Kudos

Ok, I will do that.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Kunle,

What kind of derivation rule are you using to read the master data of the GL Account?

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The issue has been resolved. On the project, we adopted the approach of transporting Commitment Item instead of creating it in each client. However, the table FMPOSIT was not updated with the internal number "the F00000***  commitment item" for the commitment item. After updating the table with the details, the system was able to reference the internal number and the error message no longer comes up. Thanks to you Eli and Shyam.

Kind regards