cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In ECC system, I'm using (RMS) Record Management System (t-code SCASEPS) and saving the associated documents (attachments) in SAP Content Server. I wanted to know the different monitoring to be done for RMS and Content Server. For example:

1) Is it possible to know the transfer rate of the documents from RMS to Content Server as well as the retrieval rate from Content Server to RMS? Can I get it under tcode CSMONITOR - where exactly?

2) What are the logs that I can check - either from OS or SAP?

3) Any other monitoring to be done. I'm already checking the repositories under CSADMIN.

regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can run test report using any particular repository using program RSCMST.

for more info check the below note.

1482012 - ContentServer: How to check the connection to content server

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Juan & Rishi,

Juan,

I've defined content repositories in OAC0 (archive link). The storage in Content Server is set to Database i.e MaxDB.

Rishi,

I've already gone thru the note 1482012.

How to check the document transfer rate etc?

regards,

Suraj

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The storage in Content Server is set to Database i.e MaxDB.

So you are writing to your local database.. you can do an SQL trace in ST05 if you want to check how long the statement took.

What are the logs that I can check - either from OS or SAP?

Because your repository is local you can check your own developer traces... the repository state can always be checked on CSADMIN.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Indeed SQL trace will give me the time taken by the statement, but here we have to enable/disable the trace. In fact, I was looking at something like a report that would give the response times from ecc to content server.. I was thinking the tcode CSMONITOR was giving such details:

Any idea on what do these values represent?

regards

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

I could find an SAP note but I am not sure how effective that is for you.

Note 511866 - Content server monitoring

Good Luck

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Already gone thru that note.

Anyways I think CSADMIN, CSMONITOR and report RSCMST (as per note 1482012) will give sufficient information. Do give other suggestions, if any.

Thanks & Regards.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is not enough info here... what are you using as a Content Repository?

Regards, Juan