cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make incoterms field in the MA/SA as optional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we add a line item to MA/SA and try to save it we are getting error

" There is an error in your Document Setup information. Go to the Document menu and select Setup to see and correct these errors."

When we go to setup info we are getting error message "Add at least one Incoterm."

That is Incoterms field is mandatory. Could you let me know how to make this field as optional or process of making any mandatory OOTB field as optional.

Here I am attaching the screen shots of the error.

Many Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Do you want to make incoterm optional only for MA/SA or you want to make this optional for RFx/Auction also?

If you want to make this optional for all please follow below steps.

1. Go to setup->system setup->Page Customizations

2. Look for "Line Item" entry if it is available. If it is available go into that and add new field and select 'incoterm' field.

3. Select property 'Required' and select value No

Now the incoterm feild in MA/SA will be optional you do not require to enter anything.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gurvi for the quick reply. It is very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvi,

I tried in multiple ways like adding Object names like Line Item, Setup, Document Setup etc but still getting same error. Here I am attaching the screen shot.

Any idea how to find where exactly we need to add. I used UI view in the reference guide to find the Page and field details.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also we need to make the incoterms field in the RFx and Auction also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvi,

As per the standard functionality,  in RFX/Auction incoterm field needs to be entered only when we add one or more line items.

i.e if line items are there then only this field is mandatory otherwise it is optional.

our requirement is to make is optional even if line items are added. I am wondering whether this can be achieved through page customization.

Many Thanks,

Srini

Answers (0)