cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to block a interface without deleting the entire configuration scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i have idoc to web service and proxy to webservice scenario.

i want to inactivate the configuration scenario, while working with sender idoc and proxy interfaces we dont create sender communication channels,

so if i want to inactivate the scensrios , how to do it , pls share your views on this.

while working with adapters like file, jdbc, soap, rfc etc at sender side, we can inactivate the scenario by making the status of communication channel as inactive in the advance tab

regards,

sushant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

To stop generating specific idoc to PI, go to the Idoc Partner profile and change the message type attribute to "Collect Idocs" instead to "Transfer Immediately". This setting does not allow the Idoc to move to the PI.

For the Proxy, ABAP team can help you to stop triggering of the Proxy class.

Thanks,

Swetha.

former_member193466
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

inform to ABAP team not to send the datat for the particular interfaces.

Also you can stope the comm.channels and make them inactive, so that even there is a data flow from sender it will not flow to target system.

Regards

Venkaat Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkata Raja,

If we make the receiver communication channels inactive or delete it then the message ends up in PI with some error. Even i dont want the entries.

Is this the only way...informing the ABAP team not to send the data related to particular interfaces. Cant we take any action fron SAP PI side.

Regards

Sushant

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sushant,

You can put dummy value in Receiver determination.

and when you want to make it work put the appropriate component and resend the failed messaged if any.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

You can request the ABAP team to stop triggering of scenarios from SAP R/3 side and deactivate all receiver comm channels.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for your reply.

The communications channels at receiver side uses XI adapter and i am sure that we dont have an option to inactivate the channel in XI adapter. Even if i delete the receiver communication channel, messages will in SAP PI and i dont want the messages related to 2 interfaces reach my PI box and i want to achieve this without deleting the configuration scenarios.

Regards

Sushant Shinde

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can stop the interface at the sender system (put wrong URL in RFC destinations on ECC)

this way all new transactions will be stopped at ECC and you can restart them later on once you update the URL to the correct one again,

BTW

for proxies you can do it per each interface if you use: sender/receiver configuration with different HTTP destinations

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I have many interfaces running in between ECC and SRM system. Out of them two interfaces which we are not using regularly are often failing in SAP PI and the messages are stuck-up in SMQ2 and their count is increasing day to day.

So to inactivate those two scenarios (Idoc-Proxy, Proxy-proxy) i cant find any option because they dont use sender communication channels.

As per your suggestion,

Idoc settings are one time settings and if i put wrong URL in RFC destination then it will go wrong for rest of the idoc interfaces which are working fine.

Secondly, if i change the sender/receiver configuration in ID even then messages will fail in SAP PI and i dont want messages related to those two interfaces hit my PI box.

Plz suggest me

Regards

Sushant