Did you mean: 

Change CONFIG IDs in the Navigation

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Please help on the below issue.

When I click on the Create Material check this.

Please help.. Why this KOLAVERI...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V S BHARGAV MYLAVARAPU,

Could you please describe the problem in detail...??

As i understand from above screen shot you are trying to enhance the standard application configuration...Right..???

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Man are you kidding me.. I kept all the screen shots.. Sorry for that.

The problem is three are two Change Material Links on the UI. As shown in the First screen and fourth screen. Now when I click on first screen and see the config IDs as Z.

But when see the fourth screen's config IDs are in Standard.

I want the first screen's Config ID same as to Fourth screen Config ID.

You got it ? Please help now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

You have posted image only, images don't talk what is missing or what is not coming as expected until you describe it as text.

This problem you are facing because of assigning a wrong application configuration to the Change Material option in NWBC screen.

Second possibility might be you are assigning a wrong launchpad to the change material link.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I tried both the options in Lauch pad, it is correct because that is what I can see from the first screen.

what about your first thing. you said wrong application configuration in NWBC. What do you mean here and what should I do here. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

I mean to say that in NWBC some role need to be assigned. For each role having some folder and under that we define application link which is inside Menu tab of that role.

So that each and every object which is defined in the menu hierarchy is linked to the application configuration.

Please check your application link given there correctly or not.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply Praveen.

Still I dont understand you are trying to convey your explanation with a solution.

I already explained in my question, that my Config IDs are different and you want me to check the same. What should I need to do to correct them. Please advise.

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry if I sound rude. Please see the last Screen Shot. I want to change the config IDs BS_blah blah to the third screen's Config IDs ZBS_blah blah...

Now tell me what should I do where should I go.

In LPD_CUST I have seen the Role MDG_MAT and Instance is HOME.

For this Change request Type what is the Role and what should I do.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

I already told you to check the assigned role in PFCG transaction for your user why are you going to the LPD_CUST.

Please see in the Menu tab of assigned role. So you will be able to see the node hierarchy which is associated with the application config of the application...

I can't produce the snap shot otherwise i would have given already..

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

So what role should I look at I got lot of roles assigned to the User

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

ok I got it now, What you are saying. I was there in PFCG and see the Required thing there. Do you want me to change the Web-Dynpro Application Name there.

Under node details there is a object : MDG_BS_MAT. So do you want me to change this thing?

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ok I got it now. Thanks for the help. Let me try. If it works, Then i am gonna make your answer as correct. Thanks for your patience and help.

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta.

I tried what you have suggested. It is not working. I changed the Config ID as shown in the below screen and SAVED. but still on the browser screen the Config IDs are shown as Standard one.

What say now? Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

This is the only option which i had in my mind.

Are you sure about the role ZSAP_MDGM_MENU_03...??

Might be some other problem will be there.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Do you have any Idea on this thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3419748

Please continue your comments on the above mentioned thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

First you have to check in which feeder class SAVE logic is written. Could be possible APP CC class.

And check whether your application is using BOBF or not...

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

What is APPCC Class and I am using a OVP model/.

regarding the SAVE logic. It is not a Z table to update in. It is a Staging table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

For controlling the OVP application we can use APPCC model class which has control for the entire OVP application..

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi praveen,

I just created a feeder class and in the FLUSH Method of the feeder class, I dont get an entry for field TABLE_ROW in the IT_CHANGE_LOG. It was always empty though there is a change in the Data.

I mean to say, when there is a change in the screen field the OLD and NEW values are getting populated, but the TABLE_ROW is always Initial. DO you know why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

I am also surprised why feeder class behavour is changed in your case. For all it's working fine.

You only have to find it in debug mode why it is happening like that.

One Question : Are you enhancing your feeder or created new feeder by inheriting old feeder.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

just tell me one thing. On the Material Change screen in the UI.

how do you validate the data and throw error message.

For example Material 123 is having two plants Plant 1010 and 2010

Now in the Material Change screen, I will enter the Material as 123 Plant as 1030. When I click on Continue it should throw an error message and should not leave to next screen.

tell me step by step. Please help.

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Solved myself using the Event ON_CONTINUE. and a enhancement on the Send_response to client

Answers (0)