Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide print button in travel request approval POWL

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I need to hide the print button in approval screen of travel request POWL screen

im trying follw approach

1. debug at cl exithandler class to find any badi

2. right click on the screen and get webdynrpo componenet and see the view for any enhacement implementation

here i got SALV_WD_TABLE component name but cudnt proceed ahead of that

I am trying to folow this link on the same lines......  http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-abap

kindly help by giving some inputs

thanks

bhakti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can achieve it by POWL configuration. you can follow this document on it http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90838640-02b9-2d10-71a2-c3eb6b881...

Thanks!

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Chandrashekhar,

thank you very much! I should be able to sort this out now. just one input if posible-

on page 6 there is -

Step3: Provide the configuration name while running the application

how do I provide the config name while running the application from backend se80 ?

is it from SAP easy access menu?

(im followng this document, i created zappl config and zcomponent config, and unchecked the print button as on page 14)

thank you for yr help

bhakti

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

on page 6 there is -

Step3: Provide the configuration name while running the application

how do I provide the config name while running the application from backend se80 ?

is it from SAP easy access menu?

once you created Application configuration, go to SE80 and open it. It will be available under WD Application POWL.

Just right click on Application configuration and select Test Or Add the URL parameter sap-wd-configId = YOUR_CONFIGID to test the configuration.

Regards,

Chandra

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Chandra,

thanks.

- I added config id in paramter and it did run the application but no change is seen

- tat was expected bcoz I have not done any change effectively, because  I find the two checkboxes of print and excel shown on page 14 are already unchecked even in the current standard configuration (compconfig fitv_powl_approver, appconfig fitv_powl_approver, for component powl_ui_comp)

- The Print/Display button which I need to hide is not screen ui element but its the part of ALV table as tool bar.

- I have not configured this POWL from start, it is existing from before and just need to hide the button

- and there is no custom application created as described in the document for this POWL

- so I  should look for feeder class to change code for the ALV ?

- if yes, I tried to get the feeder class name by looking for UIBB config in comp config details but could find

pls advice if the feeder class approach is correct or not ?

thanks

bhakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti,

You can hide any UI element through webdynpro personalization.

Run your application in config mode. With URL parameter SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X

Then cntrl+right click on UI element you want to personalize set the visibility as false.

This way you can hide. The change will be saved in a customizing transport.

Thanks,

Sonia

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Sonia

I am running it in config mode

but i cant hide the Display/Print button

because it not UI element of the screen

it is part of ALV table, ui element is only the view container.

pls advice

thanks in advance

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i changed in the wdmodify method post exit in view_all and achieved it

I accessed the model from controller instance and from this model got the visibility field of the display button

it took me almost four days to debug the whole thing to figure out the 4 line code

i explored all high funda concepts of web dynpro like customisation, feeder class, 4 level architecture, POWL etc etc

but after all i found the good old abaper in myself getting it.

thanks

bhakti

Answers (0)