cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily agent information

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have one question for you, when wily agent used for monitor  sap java application only, why it is mandatory  to provide wily for manage system configuration for only ABAP system as well,

what is the significance of wily their?

Thanks

DInesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1617326

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, not getting anything in above link, can someone answer?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My understanding is that Wily/bytecode was first introduced to provide us the ability to monitor aspects of a Java system without having to log into a 3 tier landscape.

Using the above concept, being able to view your ABAP stacks in one location and review real time data (15 sec delay) to track down issues that are current vs reviewing a week old EWA or Interactive reporting in SolMan.  This is also how alerting/EWA/E2E RCA is designed to function, if you have missing data in Wily then you will also have missing data on those items.

I also like reviewing Wily data to set proper thresholds on metrics to be alerted on.

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Wily Bytecode agent iinstalled for Java systems via step "ByteCode setup" under managed system config.

For ABAP this step is not visible. However you need to run "Introscope host adapter" setup for ABAP. This step will create necessary actions and nodes under wily EM. So basically data for ABAP comes from DAA SMD agents.