Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWCV dependencies in SLD.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a part of following best practices I have few doubts in defining products and swcv.

Needs clarification on What type of configurations a PI server requires? or no configurations are required.

The customer uses PI as an integration tool for the first time and this is MQ migration scenarios.

Best Practices basically suggests to have 3 Products and 3 SWCV:

1. I_Customer_ PI 1.0 of abc.com  -- For interface objects Eg: Data Types, Message Types, Service Interfaces

2. A_Customer_ PI 1.0 of abc.com -- For mapping objects Eg: Message Mapping, Operation mapping

3. ABAP_Customer_ PI 1.0 of abc.com  -- For IDOCS  & RFC -- ECC related Objects.

Clarifications required:

We are using PI 7.31 version with dual stack installation.

1. Do I need to create any dependency b/w I_Customer_ PI 1.0 of abc.com & A_Customer_ PI 1.0 of abc.com & ABAP_Customer_ PI 1.0 of abc.com

2. we have defined namespace as below:

I_Customer_ PI 1.0 of abc.com --> urn:abc.com:Payroll -- Have defined DT, MT & Service Interface

A_Customer_ PI 1.0 of abc.com --> urn:abc.com:Payroll --> Under this namespace MM & Operation mapping are defined.

Note: Here the namespaces which is defined in above 2 SWCV are common,

Will there be any conflict issues if the count of interfaces are huge?

So, do i need to differentiate like below for uniqueness:

I_Customer_ PI 1.0 of abc.com --> urn:abc.com:I_Payroll -- Have defined DT, MT & Service Interface

A_Customer_ PI 1.0 of abc.com --> urn:abc.com:A_Payroll --> Under this namespace MM & Operation mapping are defined.

Now the scenario is working fine with out creating any dependency in SLD. I am not using any IDOC scenario here.

But i read in SDN as the dependency should be defined b/w SWCV. Please clarifiy on this.

Suggest me on how to go with namespace definitions b/w this I_Customer & A_Customer SWCV.

Thanks,

--Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos
JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just being curious: Could you please post a link to the best practices? Could be an interesting read.

Thanks

Jens