Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Aggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends

I have 2 questions?

1.) How do I create a Product Location Hierarchy for 3 levels. I believe current possible level is 2.

2.) I am doing an SNP Implementation where they want to plan at a family / subfamily / SKU (lowest) level. I want to release forecast from DP to SNP at a family level and then in SNP disaggregate to Subfamily and SKU Level. So one option is to use PPM / Aggregate Planning option. But issue is if I use PPM for Sub- family / SKU how can I aggregate stock to Subfamily Level?Planner should have the ability to run Heuristics and Safety Stock Planning at either one of these levels.

Please advice

Thanks

Srivatsan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srivastan,

did you able to plan fine with the 3 levels?

i have a case where I have to plan with 3 levels of location hierarchy, I could modify the structure but the key figures are working fine when I have an escenario of 3 levels.

it works perfectly when I have 2 levels.

Thanks

Ramón

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

1.You cannot Create 3 Levels of Product Hierarchy in the System, It is Limited to 2 Levels Only.

2.Maintain Hieararchy between Sub Family and SKU Levels and Releaase the Forecast at Sub-Family Level and Plan between Subfamily and SKU Levels in SNP.

3.Other Wise Release at family Levels and Maintain two Hierarchies between Family -Sub Family and Sub Family - SKU Levels

Suniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suniel

I believe you cannot maintain 2 hierarchies as suggested by you. The reason is at any point of time you can assign only one to the model. If you try assigning other one it says location product is already assigned. So any idea how to resolve this?

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srivatsan, as far as I know, hierarchy more than 2 levels is not supported by standard functionalities. Release from DP to SNP will consider the hierarchy you set in the master data if it can find any. Also SNP aggregated planning will support the requested functionality. However, '3 levels' is not supported ... maybe you should create dummy location product for the second level, then create two hierarchies ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada Lv

I understand this point, but unfortunately planning will be done at all 3 levels. So apart from aggregation / disagg is there any other way to handle this.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, maybe for forecast release, you can use product split, or you can just disaggregate in DP and then release. You can create two hierachies, one from family to subfamily, and one from subfamily to SKU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you cannot maintain 2 hierarchies as suggested by you. The reason is at any point of time you can assign only Hierarchy one to the model. If you try assigning other one it says location product is already assigned. So any idea how to resolve this?