cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Information for SAP ABAP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I need your advise on what is the port requirement for connecting to the SAP ABAP server.

I am trying to connect from my machine by GUI to a ABAP server. I have requested my network team to open the below  firewall ports

3200  TCP  for dispatcher

3300  TCP  for Gateway

3600 TCP for Msg Server

I have requested them to open bidirectional. My concern is the network team saying what is the requirment of bidirectional can't it be done with unidirectional.

Please share your comment or sap standard document which says bidirectional ports are required for SAP application to communicate with frontend.

Warm Regards,

Saurabh Gautam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your definition of 'bidirectional'?

From the network point of view the are probably looking for the following information:

source IPs = 192.168.1.0/24 (example range)

source ports => 1024 - 65000

destination IPs = IP of your SAP server

destination ports = 3200, 3300, & 3600

What they are probably thinking you are asking for is to allow the SAP systems to initiate traffic to the clients and would not fall into the above criteria; that and you would need to be able to set SAP to contact the clients on a specific set of ports.

I can tell you that if you leverage front end printing, chances are you will probably need to open communications up from the SAP system to the clients for printing to work correctly; but past this I'm not sure what the traffic flow from a server to a client entails.

The firewall should have a way to monitor permits and denys on the rule sets, so you should be able to test/verify in a real time monitor what is happening on the firewall and what you do inside of SAPGUI; I recommend having a meeting with a projector to hammer out the rules you need setup.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

This document contains the port information for various SAP services but does not say anything about unideirection or bidirection requirement.

Regards,

SG

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam

Kindly refer the SAP link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/db8c45e873162ee10000000a1553f7/content.htm

also you can find the port details after your are connected the  to SAP instance and open the command prompt type the 'netstat -a' it will display all the connection from the client to server

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I read the link but it contaiins the information on the port not on their direction.

I have also seen the netstat -a command but no relevent data is there which can proof that the traffic is flowing from server to client on any of the ports 32xx,33xx and 36xx.

My basis concern is that how can a jusitify that a bidirctional port is required for SAP to work. Can't this be done with undirectional ports.

Thanks!!!

SG