Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite system to be added to more than one Solman system

former_member186066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I had a query can one satellite system be added to more than one solution manager system?

If yes, what would be the approach? Do I need to install teo SMD agents on the satellite server?

Please respond.

Thanks and Regards,
Ankit Mishra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

I had a query can one satellite system be added to more than one solution manager system?

Yes

If yes, what would be the approach?

You need:

- Install one SMD agent for each solution manager.

- A back  RFC connection from SDCCN that point to each solution manager

- A trusted RFC connection for each solution manager.

Do I need to install teo SMD agents on the satellite server?

yes

best regards,

Luis

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To also add to Lluis's points, you will need to also have a second instance number and <SID> for the second SMD agent installation.

Example being:

1st Solman SMD agents = DAA / 97

2nd Solman SMD agents = DAB / 96

former_member186066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Sorry for the late reply.

Were you able to carry out the activities?

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

the RFC connections, transaction SM59 you need to create 2 RFC BACK with that nomenclature:

SM_SM1CLNTXXX_BACK (SM1 is solution manager system ID, and XXX the client)

SM_SM2CLNTXXX_BACK (SM1 is other solution manager system ID), if both solution manager have same ID, you can here create the RFC adding a prefix without problems.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/bc/cf37423cf7ab04e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

SDCCN is a transaction on you select that before "back" transaction that is trough one connection the remote system will send the information to solution manager, here you have to add 2 "refresh sessions" task in sdccn and on each one select the solution manager back destination that you need.

for agents, you can select Agent ID on installation wizard.

Regards,

Luis

former_member186066
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lluis.

Can a Java also be connected to two solution manager?

Have read the above mentioned SCN message, which says Java system has a limitation.

Was wondering if you have tried doing so?

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

I don't try to conect a remote java system to more than one solution manager but if Guilherme Balbinot tell that is not possible you have to trust on Guilherme (i don't anyone that know bettar than him about that), but that could be a good challenger to try

Regards,

Luis

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, you can connect one managed system to multiple solution manager and for that you would need 2 SMD agent on satellite system. There is some limitation for Java system. Please check below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2110205

Thanks

Sunny