SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic STO from sales order if confirmed quantity is 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am relatively new to IS-Retail.

I have been given a requirement that a web order is placed through website for a particular Article. Internally the web order gets converted to a order in R/3 from a particular site/plant.

The availability check is performed and it is found that there is no quantity available in the site/plant where the order is placed.

Here the customers requirement is that if the confirmed quantity is 0 SAP should automatically place an STO from the distribution center(DC).

Please let me know if there is anything available in IS Retail or i have to go in for a development through user-exit.

Regards,

Sohan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sohan,

as far as I know, this requirement can not be met in SAP ERP Standard.

Such a functionality would require the implementation of SAP Global ATP (part of SAP SCM).

I you want to stay in SAP ERP IS-Retail, I think you will have to go to a custom development.

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the reply but this is not what i am looking at.

This is with reference to Retail store customer order through web. All the configuration as part of the standard is already available but the customer wants to automate the process of creating the STO when there is no confirmed quantity.

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sohan,

as far as I know, this requirement can not be met in SAP ERP Standard.

Such a functionality would require the implementation of SAP Global ATP (part of SAP SCM).

I you want to stay in SAP ERP IS-Retail, I think you will have to go to a custom development.

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias.

I was just referring to  SAP help and found the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/95/c6736bb42b11d2add7080009d2232d/frameset.htm

In the basic settings for order entry it is mentioned that if the purchasing document item categories are maintained the Purchase Requisition can be created to procure the goods.

Can you let me know where these purchase document item categories are maintained.

Thanks

Sohan

0 Kudos

Hi Sohan,

you can refer to SPRO --> Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Define External Representation of Item Categories

There you find the item categories. But I don't think that you can customize your own as these are entries belonging to SAP Standard shipment.

Refert to SPRO --> Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Purchase Requisition --> Define Document Types

There you can see, which item categories are allowed with which purchasing document type.

Regards

Tobias