Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Portal logon language dropbox in Logon Screen

AK31
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using Bex Web functionality in the NW Portal 7.31 and the user authorization is via UME connected to backend. Basically it is not really important but to give you an idea about the constellation.

The UME/Portal logon screen requests username and password but does not give an option to select a logon language (like WebDynpro/ITS pages in ABAP). Some of our users would require this feature and also some of our IT supporters, if a user has a problem in a different language.

I researched so far that you can set the logon language in the ABAP Backend which isn't really a solution because, for example, a Dutch user may wants his reports in Dutch but the international controlling has another application where only German and English are maintained in the translations.

You can set the languages in the browser but this is also something the end user should not have to configure.

In NW 701, there used to be a "parameter" in the configtool called ume.logon.locale but this seems to have disappeared in NW 731. The export mode in the UME Identity Management Configuration also does not have this parameter.

Does anyone know how to display the language dropdown box in the new release?

Regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to enable multinational content in your portal and implement something custom to set the locale after login based on anything (my choice would be LDAP attribute). If you insist on having the option on the logon screen, you can implement a custom logon screen and store the chosen language in the session and use it in iViews.

AK31
Participant
0 Kudos

The proposed solution may be viable if we would be using the portal as such but at this stage it is only necessary for rendering the BEX web templates.

I can't really imagine that it is technically not possible to use a language selection box on the logon screen but be that as it may, we found a workaround in doing some translations in the ABAP backend and help us to get around (not solve) the problem.