Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Trace in BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any way in BI where I can run a authorization trace in BI, similar to ST01 in R/3. For example there is a user 'A' who is able to execute a query correctly. When I go in RSECADMIN >> Anlysis tab >> Execute query as other user and put user id as 'A'. Reports executes but there is no log generated.

In BI, is that the case that when there is authorization error, then only a log is generated otherwise there would not be any log? or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Nitin

9 REPLIES 9

former_member218171
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I don't fully understand your issue... you can execute Tx. ST01 in a SAP BW system because it's based on Netweaver. You can also use Tx. SU53 to display the authorization error. Could you post the error? or more info?

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

No, it is not the case that a log gets generated only once there is an auth. error on BI. Once you add a user in Authorization log table, the system keeps recording the trace for every query that particular user executes. Hence, it is advisable to remove the user from that Auth. log table once you complete capturing the required trace.

Coming to capturing and analysing the BI trace, you can find good amount of information on SAP Note 1234567.

Let me know in case this still ain't answering your question.

Regards,

Pranaam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

You can process with similar process in ECC there is no difference use ST01 to trace the files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

Run RSECADMIN and click on the ANALYSIS tab. Under that tab click on error logs. Once in that screen click on on configure log recording and enter the user you want to trace-make sure you save. In the previous screen you should then be able to capture information as to what is failing for the user. You'll have to run the report first under the user and then click display. After you're done make sure you remove the ID from recording. This is what i've done in the past when troubleshooting auth issues when users are running queries in the BEX analyzer and portal.

-Wes

Former Member
0 Kudos

RSECADMIN can be used for taking trace in BI. Please put check in the checkbox near the user id field.then only log can be tracked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Follow below steps

RSECADMINI --> Analysis ---> Error Logs ---> Configure Log Recordings ---> Add User

here you have to give User ID for which you want to Trace authorizations...

Then come back and click on Execution as.....

once done go back to Error Logs

I hope the above given information helpful

Firoz.

maik_toth5
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

still an open topic?

BR

Maik

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

while checking for logs you need to select the appropriate check box as "checked", else you will not be able to see any logs in RSECADMIN in BI.

furthermore to give little idea about RSECADMIN, i would like to inform you that it stores logs even if authorization check is passed.

hope it answers your question.

if you have any doubts, let me know I will be happy to clarify those.

k/r,

Suresh