cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue relating to Coding Mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

User has issue relating to Coding Mask. At the time of implementation coding mask created as shown in file and they have created project coding. As they have not selected "Edit" button in coding mask, so because of that user may created project in any mode without following project coding. So client want to restrict that user cannot create project as per any format but he can create only as per project code created. As solution provided by selecting "edit" button, due to this user can edit previous running project but they can't be able to create any new project in Quality Client. So that solution not work. As they have already created more than 250 projects in production client. Client want to restrict it any how. So whether there is any other solution for this. If i make changes in coding mask and create new project coding will it affect in production? Is it advisable to change coding mask now when they have more than 250 projects in production. For more ideas please find the attached file having screen shot of Coding Mask and Project Coding created. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Thanks,

Chetan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you transport new coding mask configuration into production with the restriction that projects must follow the coding mask and there are projects that don't meet the mask they will cease to work.  If you try to edit one of those projects you will receive an error and be unable to proceed.

The existing projects must be changed to meet the coding mask restrictions and then transport in the configuration.  Or the existing projects can be closed and archived prior to bringing in the new configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if 'Edit' is not selected & if you configure/ transport different Coding mask( 00-00-00-00 deleting 000-000-0) for same 'Project ID' , existing projects in that client having old ( 000-000-0) structure cannot be opened.

CJ20n stops working for some users because it is trying to open last project which happens to be ones affected. We had to restore coding mask for same project id, tell user to delete the 'Last accessed' projects & re trasnport new coing mask.

Warning message apppears when new config is done in OPSJ, recomending to create mask directly in production system instead to capturing in TR.

Regards

Jatin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what i understood and also considering what Ken has mentioned in his post above, i would suggest you to check if its possible to define a validation specifying the Project Profile as a pre-requisite and the check as Mask Id. I am not sure if this will work as i have not tried it, but you can definitely give it a try.

Please note that in case this works, it will only be applicable to new projects that you will create and will not be effective on the old projects already present in the system.

Try this and let us know.

Regards,

Gokul

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in project coding mask under transaction OPSJ Lck and LKS option need to check mark then try.