cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we maintain Two Remote key in single import map?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario where when we import data it should update two remote keys,

I know that we can update one remote key using clone option but can we update two remote key in single map?

Regards

AG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Above replies to your post state rightly that 2 imports would be required.

2 remote keys cannot be maintained in a single import as this goes against the very definition of Remote key,which are system specific.

Once you have maintained 1 remote,you can just map one primary key and remote key for the other import.Please dont forget to change remote system before doing so.

Please note - Kindly close the thread once answered,this helps people who use threads as a reference to their issues.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

To achieve this- You might require 2 different import maps. Else its not possible.

Regards,

Ali

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi AG,

Remote Key is like a Text field in a Lookup Flat table. You can create any number of values that you want to maintain.

If you are looking for maintaining more than one Remote Key it is definitely possible.

Can you please explain your requirement with an example?

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thamizharasi,

yes we can maintain any number of remote key within the same remote system,

but my requirement is we have two remote system,

1.ECC

2.BW and material number is remote key so when i import i should able to update remote key for both the remote system, is this possible?

Regards

AG

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello AG,

Now I got what your requirement is. I don't think it is possible to update the Remote Key values to more than one Remote system at a single import. You will have to do it separately.

The first and foremost thing that we do during the import is selecting the remote system. Even for the import of same set of records in a table we do the import separately according to the remote systems. Specifically Remote Key is for Unique key values, hence it is not possible.

Regards,

Thamizharasi N