cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict to create Travel Expense report without having corresponding Travel request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any standard settings or custom, through which we can restrcit the user from creating a Travel Expense Report without having a corresponding Travel Request. If there is no travel request exists, then system should popup a message that "Create a Travel Request first".

And also there is one more point to capture personal expenses through Travel Management system. In this case Travel Request is not required. I am planning to create one more schema as "Personal Expenses" to capture this.

So for one schema Travel request is mandatory & for another it is not mandatory.

Please help.

Regards,

Daniel 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Sally's executions and only in case you are using the WebDynpro ABAP applications:

I have had a similar requirement which I already implemented. My requirement was to only allow for the creation of foreign trips if the traveler posed a corresponding travel request beforehand, otherwise he would only be allowed to create domestic trips (without an existing request). To achieve this, I did not use the authorization-concept but did an enhancement to the WDYN Comp FITE_VC_PRESELECTION. This enhancement disables the free selection of the schema dropdownbox and makes it read-only. Furthermore, the selected key of the schema dropdown is set by me in the coding dependent on the selected trip's lead selection's target country. The outcome is:

If the user selects one of the existing travel requests, the schema is automatically set for him (domestic or foreign, depends on the request data) so nothing can go wrong due to the enduser's inexperience.

If the user does not select any existing travel request and wants to just create a standalone travel expense claim, the schema is automatically set to domestic.

This implementation concept kind of overlaps with your requirement, so I'd advise you to take a look at FITE_VC_PRESELECTION in case the authorization-approach doesn't fit for you.

Cheers, Lukas

0 Kudos

Good approach Lukas!

It had crossed by mind about the parameter SAP_FITE_TRIPSCHEMA and adding it to either homepage framework customizing or launchpad but wasnt quite a complete way of getting there so thats another very tidy way of doing it.

Another customer had similar problem in FITV_POWL_TRIPS so did something similar in the component controller 'ADD_OPERATION_CMP' for FITV_POWL_TRIPS as well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

The popup behaviour you want would only be possible by modification but preventing an expense report being prevented without an approved travel request would be possible by authorization (you'd need to look at different authorization objects for AUTHF - status old and AUTHS - status new)

If you create an expense report based on a not approved travel request the system asks for authorization to change this request (W11 or W10) for AUTHF and then 30 or 31 for AUTHS.

THis combination is of course given by your P_TRAVEL object.

In general the status works like this:

1. Create a new Travel Request or Expense report (AUTHF W)

2. Change open travel Request or Expense report (AUTHF W10, W30)

3. Change returned Travel Request or Expense report (AUTHF W11, W31)

4. Create Expense report from approved Travel request (AUTHF W21)

The popup maybe one of the other posters can make some suggestion here as this is more on the WD side.

Hope the above is helpful though

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Thanks for your reply. If I try to restrict the same through authorization, then I think it will be applicable for the "Personal Expenses" schema also, which do not require a Travel Request. Please correct if I am wrong.

But yes, this authorization concept will definitely work for preventing the user to create Travel expense against a unapproved TR request & deletion authorization also.

Regards,

Daniel