cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netwevaer CE 7.2 +Oracle Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Wea are installing the SAP netwevaer CE 7.2 as java +with oracle databse.

Now the issue is my client is saying they are having alredy oracle datbase licenses and they ar saying will create 3 letters(SID) ,and you can use the databse for SAP installtion .

Please suggest is it possible like this way ?

As per my understding its not possible ?

How can we justify separte databse installtion possible is their any standard documents pleaz forward me.

Please guide and suggest me

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

No it is not possible to use separately installed oracle database and then start the SAP installation.

Oracle installation is integrated as part of SAP installation and you need to give all inputs such as oracle media, client media along with kernel and all Java software DVDs.

Then post preparation and extraction of media, SAPINST will ask you to proceed with Oracle software installation. You can not simply install first oracle software and then install SAP.

Sap Basis wrote:

Now the issue is my client is saying they are having alredy oracle datbase licenses and they ar saying will create 3 letters(SID) ,and you can use the databse for SAP installtion .

From your post, I could see that your client is giving you SID of database and that should not be a problem if they are just proposing you only the DBSID and actually they are not giving any pre-installed Oracle software.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Ashish,

Thanks for your repply, it means we can not use centralized database environment.

Is their any standard document is availbale so that we can justify to our client.

Please suggest

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could find only this in one of the SAP note. Note 592393 - FAQ: Oracle

Point -11

11. Where can I find the Oracle installation or upgrade CDs?

To install the Oracle software, use only the Oracle RDBMS CDs delivered by SAP. You must not use CDs obtained directly from Oracle.

For example, you can order the RDBMS CDs by opening a message on component XX-SER-SWFL-SHIP. It is important that you correctly specify the database release and operating system.

If this is not sufficient for your customer, then I would advise to raise a SAP message and get SAP expert's comments on same.

That should be sufficient for your customer. I am sure SAP also would response the same but at-least you will have something to show your customer with confidence.  I used to do the same

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Kindly be aware that your SAP system does not include any DB license.

If your company is buying an SAP product has the right to decide from where to buy the underlying database license.

Regards

RB

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

For sure the Oracle databases used for SAP systems can be licensed through Oracle.

What matters is that you need to setup the SAP systems on Oracle databases according to the SAP recommendations and SAP best practices.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible to use a separate installed Oracle database for SAP Installation. Please Read the SAP Installation Master Guide where it clearly states Oracle Software provided is integrated with SAP Schema.

http://help.sap.com/bp_ekit604/documentation/291009_EhP03_MG.pdf

One thing u can do is Export and Import the database once the SAP Installation is complete.

Regards,

Sandeep Singh

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3260593

and installation guide.

BR

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Its very urgent for me ,Please suggest and guide.

Advance Thanks