cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance plan for multiple equipments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PM Experts

Here is one question however its not difficult but still need some clarity on this my customer has similar kind of equipment let say filling vial machines ( 10 number of quantity ) and have preventive maintenance frequency at every 3 months for all 10 machines.

I am planning to make one single cycle frequency plan for all 10 machines in IP41 and schedule it in IP10. So my question is that if I create this for 10 machine at every 3 months then How many Preventive maintenance orders will get triggered in SAP for every schedule call ?

Also where I can define call object as an Order because I want to trigger orders automatically  in advance so that maintenance person can be prepare himself before maintenance date for machines.

However configuration SPRO I have defined maintenance plan categories and kept calling object Maintenance order ( in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service->Maintenance plan,work Centers,task lists and PRTs->Maintenance Plans->set maintenance plan categories ).

Can we also have any other option to in IP41 or IP10 where we can defined calling object as a order apart from config in SPRO.

Appreciate correct reply.

Cheers

Inderjeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor

Hi Pal,

For your query about the advanced call objects, use 'call horizon' . If call horizon set 99% for your case of 90 days, the orders will be triggered 1 day in advance.

For you query of triggering objects through plan, IP41 will have the options as per your configuration.

(maint order is an option)

For automatic triggering of call objects, you need to configure a background job for IP30(program RISTRA20) through SM36. For this you need to create a variant (IP30) and use it in SM36. The period of background scheduling you can have it daily.

If you want to distribute the call objects over a period of time (10 equipments 2 at a time), prefer 5 orders each with 2 items (2 equipments) and give the start of cycle dates with 18 days intervals from each other (plans).

-Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jogeswara,

Let say if I don't choose distribution of call objects like you said 5 orders with 2 items.Then how many  orders will get created in a preventive plan for 10 equipments at 3 months servicing time by system ?

If I don't want to go any distribution preference for call objects then by system how many order will get created at certain call horizon let say 90% ?

For example I made a plan for 10 lathe machine for 3 months and schedule it in IP30 or IP10 and call horizon keep 90% so How many order will get created for 10 Item and Will all order will have same call horizon date and will get created at 10 day before in advanced ?

How manager will get notify in system when schedule call date by horizon ?

Also I want to schedule plan in within a month not interval by 18 days or  like in August  technician want orders in August on 1 August and will start perform 10 August onward for 10 lathe machines.

Point to be noted all lathe machine have same maintenance task list like all same maintenance operation performed in service.like topping of oil in all lathe machine.

Cheers

Inderjeet

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read 5 orders with 2items each as 5 plans with 2 items each.

This is for the purpose of distributing the 10 orders evenly along the 90 days (for meeting resource requirements comfortably). So in any case Orders will be 10.

First plan will be triggering 2 orders, next plan another 2 orders 18 days from the first one and so on.

The 1st plan again will trigger after 18 days of 5 the plan and 90days of its own previous call.

As you said, if you do not go for this distribution, all 10 items will be in single plan, means single stat-of-cycle, means all 10 orders will be triggered together before 9 days (Call horizon 90%) of the call due date (90 - 90*90/100).

Suppose you've given Cycle start date as 1 July 2013. Then the Orders will be triggered around 20th September 2013 with Basic Start date around 29th September 2013.

How manager will get notified.

Standard way is IW39 in case of call objects are Orders. (a variant to be maintained by putting the plan number in the 'Maint Plan' selection field)

About the tasklist, your case is simple. The plan will have the tasklist information where these common operations are listed.

Following is a single plan with 12 items.

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jogeswara,

I can see your reply covered exact points of question and covering all aspects of question.

Not only this you shown in answer ability to identified level of questioner.

However I am in realization phase of project but had some mind rolling questions about master data preparation in coming phase.

Cheers

Inderjeet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First suggestion is to open your thread in appropriate space. You should use EAM forum for this query.

There are 2 ways.

1. Create one Maintenance Plan with 10 Maintenance items
  2. Create 1 Maintenance Plan with 1 Maintenance Item by having 10 equipments in Object list. Assign 10 operations in Task list. Assign the equipment to operation in PM Order

Whenever you create Maintenance Plan, you will have the option of selecting the Call Object. It can be Maintenance Order, Notification, Service Entry Sheets.

You can also search in SAP help for these basic questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maheswaran,

Will choose first option, I think it is easier to make and plan.