cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table related to GRC Access Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are try to develop reports in GRC for Access Control 10 as some of the standard report which were available in 5.3 are not available in 10.

I am able to find tables through SE16 for Access Control, but I am not able to find the table for the following.

- "Request for reason"- Details that we enter in the text box.

- Request pending at which step and who is the current approver

- In which table the approvers mentioned in BRF+ stored.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sahil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Ok, this thread is a bit old yet I had the same issue. Took some checks but the request's description is stored as SAP standard texts; which are not typically displayed via SE16.

Instead any views to these standard texts are done via the SE37 function module
READ_TEXT

That function module however wants some input parameters which you can find in table STXH

see screen dump just below:

(note that in the field TDNAME you are to place the REQ_ID value from table GRACREQ as follows:

ACCREQ/REQ_IDvaluefromGRACREQ/LONG_TEXT  If you are not a robot yourself, this step makes sense as GRACREQ is the table that gives you the access request number that corresponds to the REQ_ID. Normally GRC AC ARM users tend to refer to the access request number and not the REQ_ID 😉

The result will look like somewhat like this:

Now we need to squeeze 1 of these little buddies into the SE37 module: READ_TEXT

We execute it, giving us:

Now in order to see the true long text content, click the icon as depicted in red rectangle in screenshot just above, resulting in the output:

I this case my access request description was just 1 line: test

Normally of course it will show multiple lines as requestors hopefully supply a bit more info on what is needed.

If you need to know descriptions from many access requests suggest scripting above in an ecatt or Batch input map or a quick abap, of just check with GOD (google) if such already exists.

May the force be with you.

Rgds,

George

jatin_grover
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

request reason is stored in SAPscript, Text Object "GRC". You can use standard SAPscript function module to fetch that based on request GUID.

For runtime info:-

GRFNMWRTDATLG

GRFNMWRTDATLGD

GRFNMWRTEXDET

GRFNMWRTEXDETH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I checked the tables Jatin mentioned, but couldn't find any text in the request header-- >request reason.

Could anybody support me how I can find it?

Regards,

Manuela

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuela

Which Request document are you referring to?

I find the quickest way to locate my data is to run ST05 SQL trace over displaying an item and then getting the details there. Alternatively, if you can open it up in Edit work (possibly Administrator) then the SM12 might show en-queue lock on the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your fast response. I have already traced the scenario with SQL trace and didn't find the table where the request reason is stored.

In SM12 I cannot find the correct table for the text-field "Request Reason" I mentioned below.

Could you kindly inform me, how and where this value is stored.

REgards,

Manuela

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuela

What GRACREQ* tables are there? If not, you might be able to find the request Id in SE16 and then do a where used to find out which other tables use the Request Id field. From there you might stumble across the table you are after

Otherwise, find an existing request and run ST05 when opening the request so you trace the SQL

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil

You also have the tables GRAC* for Access Controls. This will capture the configuration in IMG as well as requests. Search in DD02T table (List of Tables and descriptions) to see all the GRAC*. You should find access request

For BRFplus configuration you will need to look at the FDT* tables. If you have defined a BRFplus rule with decision table that has User Id then you. Below are the key tables I check for BRFplus definitions

FDT_ADMN_0000

Definition table (able to search and locate the ID value()

FDT_EXPR_0240

FDT: Expression - Decision Table (Attributes)

FDT_EXPR_0241

FDT: Expression - Decision Table (Columns)

FDT_EXPR_0242

FDT: Expression - Decision Table (Cells)

FDT_EXPR_0244

FDT: Expression - Decision Table (implicit ranges)

FDT_EXPR_0247

FDT: Decision Table Packed Values

FDT_EXPR_0248

FDT: Decision Table Packed Rows

Finding current approvers, etc will depend on what you MSMP Agent definitions are, etc. You might find it easier to trace the access request in ST05 and look at the SQL statements, or look at the MSMP Instance Runtime report and leverage the code. This was the approach I used to find the applicable tables

Good luck and share you answer if you figure it out first!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try looking at the tables that start with "GRFNMW*" and specifically the "GRFNMWRT*" named tables. The Runtime tables give information on specific information from the executed requests.

Hope this answer helps.

All the best.