cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletions through IDM 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to delete an ID through IDM 7.2. I pick up the entry from hrldap_pernr table and run the job rpldap_extraxct_idm. The job run successfully. The entry in hrldap_pernr is also marked as processed. But I see in ABAP system that the entry is not deleted. I have run the job with many ids. So, I cannot see the result in job log as well for this particluar. Where do i start checking in such cases.

With Best Regards,

Praman.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praman,

In your scenario, please check whether the missed employees have been mapped with their email ID or not while the employee is pushed to Staging area.

I think the employees with the email ID will be fetched into PROD IS, then only the deletion taks will be triggered here .

Regards,

Dileep Reddy

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Praman,

Normally for HCM integration scenario, if the data was already sent/processed from HCM side(no non exported data from report SPLDAP_DISPLAY_LOG_TABLES), then we can check(follow the data transmit):

- VDS side if the data was passed to IDM successfully(VDS operation log, with log level "ALL" it can contain detail info.)

- HCM staging area, the event job which passed the data to main identity store(dse job log, with log level "Debug" it can contain detail info)

- The relevant framework tasks triggerred in main identity store(dse job log, with log level "Debug" it can contain detail info)

While in this case, if there are only several entries got problem. Maybe you can firstly check your deletion tasks(dse log) from your main identity store directly first, whether there are some issues regarding these problem entries.

Hope these helpful for you.

BR, Keith

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praman,

Believe you are running Programs in HR system and have just extracted the data from HR system to IDM. 

To delete the ID, you will need to trigger a 'ID Deletion' job or task from UI/MI, should be available as a pre-defined Taks/Job if your IDM system is already configured.  Else you will need to create one or use from SAP Template. 

Once the deletion job runs successfully, ID will be removed from IdS and Backend.

Rgds

Ganesh.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ganesh,

Thanks for the reply.

The IDM has been configured. The entire set up is complete. The ID Deletion job is being triggered once I push the entry from HR system. But the id is not getting deleted.

Say I had scheduled some thing like 100 deletions. The ideal scenario is for the 100 users to get deleted. But, I when i check , i see dome thing like 95-97 users being deleted.

Now to check about the 3-5 users which have not been deleted, where do I start from.

Regards,

Praman

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praman,

Yes. That happens if the number of users is large.

Suggest you to start checking with the Job Logs (Job) and System Log (Global).

This will give you an idea of the failure reason.

Rgds

Ganesh.S