cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differential Duty in Depot Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Here is some strange scenario which I would like to share and know your expert advise.

As we know, during depot sale, the excise duty paid by the customer would be the receipt excise duty which is generated during STO (excise invoice).

In the depot excise invoice, the base price of depot sales order gets broke up with price (less of excise) + Excise in the final billing invoice. I believe this is standard.

If in case, I would like to have the excise duty to be calculated based on the depot sales price (in SO) and same should appear in depot excise Invoice, is this possible?

For eg: STO Excise invoice: 100 Rs + 14 + 0.28 +0.14 = 114.42

Depot Sales Price: 200 Rs.

Depot Excise invoice would be: 185 + 14 + 0.28 +0.14 = 200

Is it possible to have Depot Excise invoice as: 200 + 28 + 0.56 + 0.28 = 228.84.

At the same time, receipt excise duty should get knock off in RG23D as usual. But then, differential duty of 14.42 should get transferred to new G/L.

Thanks,

Vish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before doing any change in SAP, please take the concurrence from Business Finance team or Excise team as to what exactly, the Excise rule says which they can check from their Excise Range.  Based on this, you proceed. 

Why I am stressing this is these are all statutory activities and SAP are suppose to provide that if such rule exists.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FC,

Thanks and as I have said in my post that it is something strange which is out of standard.

Still, I wanted to check if anybody have come across this scenario.

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, normally in SD Pricing for Depots, you use a routine in your pricing for excise condition which picks up the rate from the source manufacturing plant i.e. from the J1IJ excise which you have created by referring to the J1IG capture in the Depot. So I hope if you dont use this routine, the excise rates calculation in your Depot will be normal for ex: based on your base price as per the rates you have maintained.

Just give a try and let me know if this works.

Thanks n Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FC,

I was just checking. In depot sales, anyway the sales order excise values are calculated based on the base price only. However when depot invoice created (VF01), excise values populated are actual STO receipt excise values. This can be very well changed to be calculated based on base price by changing routines in copy control settings which I have tested. But then the issue is in excise invoice print out, where receipt excise duty doesn’t get changed. When I debug, I realized that there is a technical coding and calculation that makes these results.

This is a standard SAP. What I conclude is that it is not advisable to change.

Sorry to post this discussion by mistakenly in billing instead of Internationalization and Unicode.

Thanks again,

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa,

Please go through these helpful links. Process mentioned by G. Lakshmipathi.

http://scn.sap.com/message/8277694#8277694

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2124261

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2016262

Regards,

Lakhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement you have mentioned above seems very strange, since in depot we don't perform any manufacturing activity. Hence we cannot charge any extra duty.

Normally we use a depot for storage purpose only (a warehouse) and we have to pass on the same excise duty amounts to the customer whatever is applicable in the manufacturing plant. However the sales price can be different. 

Also in Depot, there wont be G/L or accounting impacts for excise transactions as we cannot avail any excise credit.

Hope it is clear.

Thanks n Regards,