cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody tell me how to change my moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can any body tell me how can i change my moderator i am willing to fall under Tammy Powlas.

please help me.

thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be there should be somebody else to mod·er·ate moderators and there reply's.

And some post are not approved on time and some are not yet approved at all for these also a super moderator is required and not only this there should be some facility to directly mail to the super moderator.

i am not at all referring to "Matthew Billingham".

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi moderators please tell me why my post on Sep 4, 2013 2:56 PM have not been approved ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact, there is such mechanism. Why else would you think that your abuse report against a comment  written by a moderator got approved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search for "Pre-moderation" on SCN.

After understanding the pre-moderation concept, you would know why post is not approved.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well - to be fair, the comment was made in a space where I'm not the moderator. If it had been made in my space (by someone else) it wouldn't have been rejected by me, as I think it was quite innocuous. But each set of moderators are responsible for their areas. While we try to maintain some kind of consistent approach, it's really up to the individuals how they run "their" spaces.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen B wrote:

May be there should be somebody else to mod·er·ate moderators and there reply's.

There are. The owners of the site will deal with a moderator who does not work according to the agreed policies. (It's "their replies", by the way). I believe the way to report issues with an individual is to email complaints to sapnetwork@sap.com or posting in this section - but complaints are best handled in private, I think.

There are thousands and thousands of posts made every day. It is simply not possible for all to be checked. For that we rely on community minded members to hit the "report abuse" button if they see something that they have issues with, or they think is wrong.

In the same way it is not possible to have an uber-moderator who checks every moderator's contribution to make sure it doesn't have the possibility of being misconstrued - we all have our paid jobs.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

edit; I just saw your email asking me to approve your message. I did immediately look in my queue, but there was no posting in it. Therefore it has either been rejected by another moderator, or it is in a space I don't moderate.

Was the post rejected or has it simply not been approved? If it had been in one of my spaces, I would have put a note of explanation - but I only recall one post from you in recent weeks and I approved that.

Please understand that all the moderators on this site are unpaid volunteers; we do this work in our spare time for no recompense. If it takes some time for a post to be approved, then you just need to be patient. If the post was rejected, you can always ask why - perhaps send a private message to one of the moderators of the space you posted in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good cover Matthew but i got evidence.

Re: Activated Purchasing in ECC So Workflow is disturbed

created by Matthew Billingham in SAP Business Workflow - View the full discussion

Are these youthful workflows that grew up on the wrong side of the tracks?

Is this not a Abuse ?

every one have issues so they post in SDN if there are no issues then this site will not be there .

please know that fact matthew.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Evidence of what? I have no idea why you find that comment abusive.

Do you think I'm saying that you're a youth who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks? Or what? Why do you find that comment abusive and or offensive? Really, it makes no sense at all to me.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Members,

It is matter of interpretation of "English".

Sometimes, humor or wit by a native English speaker is interpreted in a different ways by non-native speakers; and vice-versa!

Let us let this issue go..."blaming" it on "English"...which is different than "English by native speakers" and "English by non-native speakers".

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree - it's getting a bit daft.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahem. OP may report this also as abuse after looking up definition of daft on Google.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish,

Many things in SCN are subjective! E.g. the points awarded, the interpretation of comments (humor, etc. etc.). Therefore I feel each member should give only when he/she does not get put off or get (too) happy when he/she receives.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I believe this question has already been answered and therefore I'm closing and locking the thread.

We can follow up privately, if needed, as Matt proposed.

Gali

anishoommen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wanted to share something here, and no offence to anyone whatsoever .

Recently I came across a comment by a Moderator wherein he had asked certain members ( who happen to be colleagues ) to refrain from liking each other's posts .

Personally I think this would be applicable in posting questions and answering it just for the sake of points. But, I don't think we can genuinely distinguish the genuine Likes and the 'Fake' Likes/Rates

For eg : Colleagues share documents that they have posted in SCN and which was approved by the moderators. Some find it interesting / helpful and write comments / Like it. Is there something wrong in this kind of action ?

Just putting it here for discussion 🙂

Would like to get your views on this and or any info where this is mentioned as not allowed in SCN.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I "like" your comment because it is useful, makes a good point  and/or adds to the conversation, then that's fine. Obviously, if you follow certain people, then they're more likely to get "likes" from you. So you're right - it's very hard to tell.

If I "like" your comment because I think you're a nice person, or I work with you, or you've helped me out in the past, or you frequently "like" me, then in my view that's not on.

When I see comments like "thanks" attracting 5 "likes", I wonder what the point is. (pun intended). If everyone was fair and decent, it wouldn't happen. Unfortunately, a small minority of members aren't fair and decent. (If anyone is offended by that, I can only assume it's because you consider yourself to be in that group! )

Former Member
0 Kudos

But, I don't think we can genuinely distinguish the genuine Likes and the 'Fake' Likes/Rates

For some likes, it is definitely possible to brand them as fake. Person A writes a document, Person B comments "Thanks..", and person C likes the comment instead of original document. The logic is fuzzy, but when this happens consistently, it is bound to be fake.

Recently I came across a comment by a Moderator wherein he had asked certain members ( who happen to be colleagues ) to refrain from liking each other's posts

AFAIR, the person who commented that is not a Moderator, and the comment no longer exists, probably rejected due to abuse reporting.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should have opened an extra discussion as your content does not really belong to the subject of this discussion.

However I try to answer your question.

you only need to check a few discussions, blogs, documents, and check who is liking what, and if you always see person A, B, C liking what D posted,

and then you check the reputation of A and you see that he always get his likes from B,C and D

and then you check B's reputation and you see that A, C and D gave the likes, ...

And the content posted was not liked from anyone else, then you can already make your mind up.

and if the D is saying "thanks" and gets as well a like from B, C and A,   isn't it obvious that there is something wrong?

Or if there were 3 times the same answer, and the last redundant answer to A's question was given by B, and B gets the right answer, even it was posted later than the other equal answers, is this a correct behavior?

And if you then check other sources like LinkedIn and you get to know that A, B, C, D are working for the same company, or have been in the same school....isn't that too obvious?

Of course it is possible that a colleague can like content of another colleague as any other one can like this content. But it has a smell if only the colleagues like this content.

I actually wonder why colleagues need to post their questions and answers, comments via SCN, can't they talk to each other in the office if they like each other that much anyway?

Jay_Kamdar
Participant
0 Kudos

What if the same person or same set of multiple users keeps on liking or highly rating your content , however good or bad it may be  even if ?

The person who posted the content and who is not requesting them to do it is not at fault , right ???

Its quite difficult to distinguish between type of intent !!!

anishoommen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Matthew.

The last paragraph is indeed true..

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is difficult to distinguish intent. Mutual liking over trivial content is obviously fake. After that it gets more difficult, but we'd hope that people would have the decency and integrity not to cheat.

anishoommen
Explorer
0 Kudos

I actually wonder why colleagues need to post their questions and answers, comments via SCN, can't they talk to each other in the office if they like each other that much anyway?

Couldn't it be possible that they are at different locations ?

But again a comment like thanks attracting umpteen likes is indeed fishy..

Thanks for your clarification on the whole Like/Answer/Comment scenario..

Appreciate it,

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a gray area to some extent, where benefit of the doubt is in order, however there is the undeniable logic of statistical variance.

When a three year old document, that never attracted any ratings or comments, now suddenly receives almost a dozen of these within a few hours (and obviously all from workmates), then something "stinks". That was actually the trigger that made me check further and find all the patterns as described in Jürgen's excellent reply. Of course I can only speculate about the motivation, internal KPIs based on SCN points, overall lifting of a company's reputation, beating the system, just for fun, ...

Play according to the rules, fairness and common sense, then there will be no issues.

Thomas

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you're right, it is putting the receiver of points into the wrong context.

I had actually 2 unknown persons who liked anything what I posted. They had never posted any content by themselves.

I posted a discussions "Do I have a stalker" in the moderator forum,to discuss this matter with other moderators. After that I contacted them by direct message and asked to stop this behavior, and only rate and like what it worth to be liked, and that this should be done to anyones content and not just to mine.

So you should contact your moderators if it happens to you and you think it is not fair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

It's a gray area to some extent, where benefit of the doubt is in order,....

Of course, if there were no 'points' system, such problems would disappear.  I for one would not at all be saddened if points, and the inevitable gamesmanship that follows, were eliminated from SCN.

Best Regards,

DB49

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strongly agreed with you DogBoy. This silly point system specially points by liking a post is always creating these kind of problems. I usually like posts very much or you can say I hit like button on many posts but then suddenly a moderator informs me that there is difference between liking a friend's status in facebook and a post here in SCN So I am now trying not to like posts on SCN and it is also making me not to like th statuses and comments of my friends in facebook too. For me like is something which I should hit on every post which attracts me and there are some members like Jurgen whom every post is like-able for me

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are attracted by a post - like it by all means. The issue is when I just like your post because it's you - not because what you wrote seemed to me to be relevant, clever and/or interesting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That reminds me of a quote from Batman.

Its not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MoazzaM,

I usually like posts very much or you can say I hit like button on many posts but then suddenly a moderator informs me that there is difference between liking a friend's status in facebook and a post here in SCN So I am now trying not to like posts on SCN and it is also making me not to like th statuses and comments of my friends in facebook too. For me like is something which I should hit on every post which attracts me and there are some members like Jurgen whom every post is like-able for me

It is surprising to me that a Moderator is "approaching" you, because you click the like button "on many posts"!

I have seen some of the posts you have "liked" and (for me) your liking those posts were justified.

If you (anyone) is an active member in SCN and goes through many posts, it is possible to like posts in many threads! As simple as that!

Probably, "Like" in SCN is not same as "like in Facebook but that has nothing to do with restricting yourself from showing your appreciation to a content, that you have "liked".

If there are some rules in SCN for liking a content and you are following those rules, then you can like as much, as you desire.

(if in SCN rules, there is a upper limit of clicking the "like" button for a particular time period; then we would have to follow that).

former_member206575
Participant
0 Kudos

Excellent question... I do not know why it was posted, but it is funny in soooo many ways!

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As Matthew explained, moderators are assigned by space.  To find out who the moderators are, visit the people tab on a space and note the lists in the left column.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A single space may be covered by 1 or more moderators. A moderator may cover 1 or more spaces. There is no assignment of moderators to individual members.

Is there a particular reason for your request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because i want to follow very good moderators like Ammy Powlas.

Powlas doing research on SAP-BI/BO/Hana.

keeps on updates those who posts and share useful documents so i follower her that's the reason.

Some Moderators say these words to the SDN Users .

Abuse Approved: Re: Activated Purchasing in ECC So Workflow is disturbed‏

Re: Activated Purchasing in ECC So Workflow is disturbed

posted Aug 29, 2013 10:07 PM

Are these youthful workflows that grew up on the wrong side of the tracks?

So i don't want to hurt myself by seeing these posts and i don't  want such things to repeat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Praveen

Nobody can stop you from following a person on SCN. You can follow as many people as you want. Just like Twitter.

Too bad advanced SCN search on "Ammy Powlas" returns 0 results.

Hey Matt

Now you know the precise reason.

"youthful workflows that grew up on the wrong side of the tracks"

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish Kumar wrote:

Hey Praveen

Nobody can stop you from following a person on SCN. You can follow as many people as you want. Just like Twitter.

Too bad advanced SCN search on "Ammy Powlas" returns 0 results.

Hey Matt

Now you know the precise reason.

"youthful workflows that grew up on the wrong side of the tracks"

I think I do. Of course, that particular comment was in fact in response to Rick Bakker in this thread. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3411860

Why a light-hearted comment made to another member would cause hurt, I don't quite follow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some are sensitive not like you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you implying that workflows have emotions, and they can get hurt?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you know I'm not sensitive? Perhaps your very assumption that I'm not sensitive deeply hurts me. Or maybe that apparently you want to change moderator because of me upsets me. You don't know. You've never met me.

Fortunately, I start with the assumption that most people are decent, and that generally no offence is, in fact, given - rather it's a communication problem, and I simply misunderstood what was being said.Or that you misunderstood what I said.

We are a multicultural community. What's rude to one, is fine to another. So concentrate on the intent. My intention as moderator is to help make (and keep) this place clean and cooperative. If I correct someone, it's not because I'm a megalomaniac, wishing to vent my spleen on hapless victims, it's because I wish to improve everyone's community experience. 

You might think the comment was aimed at you in order to belittle you. You are wrong. It was a light-hearted comment, intended to bring a little levity into the conversation. Nothing more should be taken from it. In fact, since it was rejected, nobody would have known about it if you hadn't republished it yourself.

former_member206575
Participant
0 Kudos

I think you are upset... However, I am sure nobody intentionally posted hurtful remarks.

I feel a but like a parent now, but hey... Shake hands, bury the hatchet, and leave it at that.

Words on paper can be easily misinterpreted. That's why emails are so dangerous when send too quickly. Assumptions are also dangerous to make, in both programming and in a posting in a forum.

Frustration only leads to hurtful remarks.

Peace?