Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Authorization - exclude query views from search result in Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue. The problem is that users can see query views in the search result when they are using Find option in Bex Analyzer.

I have the menu roles where the S_RS_COMP is included, and restricted on Multiproviders and on single Queries as well. In the components the Query View is not selected. Only the Execute action is allowed, the View not.

So I would expect that when users are using the Find option in Analyzer only the queries included in S_RS_COMP are displayed and no query views.

But the result is that they can see only the queries included in the S_RS_COMP, but they can see also all the existing query views (indipendetly who has created them, on which multiprovider).

Can anyone suggest anything how to prevent that the query views coming up in Find in Bex Analyzer?

Thanks

Edit

4 REPLIES 4

maik_toth5
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Edit,

works as designed 😉 No, just kidding.

Have you already tried to run an ST01 auth. trace when running the search in BEx?

BR

Maik

0 Kudos

Hi Maik,

thank for your answer. I've tried to run now the ST01, but it does not give me any record to check. Is there any special settings I should do? Sorry, I'm not really familiar to use ST01, used it only few times.

Thanks

Edit

0 Kudos

Hi Edit,

in ST01, set Filter for your username and activate the trace. The trace must be activated on the application server, where the query designer is connected with. Ok, if there is only one appl. server then it's not an issue.

Refer to this doc, http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Authorization+Trace+in+transaction+ST01

Regards

Maik

0 Kudos

Hi Maik,

Thanks for the hint (actually I was doing the same thing, just I've realized that I haven't add the user to the log table ).

So I have a nice screen with green lines... what should I check here? Which is the component which allows the user to see the views in the search result?

Thanks a lot in advance

Edit