cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JVM and Netweaver Java

Matt_Marples
Participant
0 Kudos

Can someone provide me with advice please?

I want to install SAP Netweaver AS Java on a remote machine to host the IDM UI but I can't find trial version of the software. could someone point me in the right direction, possibly with decent notes on how to install please? I am new to the SAP IDM technology so I may have missed something in the software terminology.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matthew,

as per the previous posters stated you will need to have an account on SAP Service Marketplace (and authorization for downloads) and also a license to install the AS Java server. SAP unfortunately does not offer any lite version for testing purposes.

Best regards,

Chris

(SAP Active Global Support)

Matt_Marples
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

How could I obtain SAP Service Marketplace license?

Thanks, Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

To implement SAP NW Identity Management you need

• SAP NetWeaver AS Java 7.0 or 7.3 or CE, trial versions available here or (currenty unavailble) here
  • Oracle or MS-SQL or DB2 (?) Database software (some people managed to set up IdM on (unsupported) SQL Express, I don't know if this is still possible)
  • Identity Management 7.2 (or 7.1) software (designtime, runtime and UI), which is not available without SMP-access
  • MS Windows for IdM Administration console (MMC-snapin)
  • all kind of source / target systems

As there are a lot of systems invoilved it'll be hard to find documentation covering all of them. Good luck!

Regards

Michael

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I don't believe SAP offers IDM in IDES kind of version.  Believe you will need to download and install as Licensed Version. I'll be very interesed to know if you find a solution.

Rgds
Ganesh.S

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you'll need SAP Service Marketplace (SMP) credentials to download the software. You don't need a license to get IdM up and running but you'll need a license to run AS Java. (SAP differs from American software companies in not offering trials or developer versions.)

Documentation is available in the documentation link in the left navigation pane or: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/Planning+%28Release+7.2%29

regards, Tero